Not much has happened around here. I've been busy trying to entertain the kids either at home or away so Brandon can try to sleep. I am really ready to have this week over so he can be on a regular schedule and I'll have my husband back. I miss him! I'm glad we just got these 6 weeks over with, but we've barely talked to each other and I'm getting really used to sleeping in the bed alone. Both of which I think are bad things when you are married. Thankfully he has this weekend off, but there is a patient that is due any day and he just has a feeling she will go into labor and he'll end up working. I pray (selfishly) that God spares him a couple days with his family and friends that are coming to visit. I've also been busy getting the name tags together for our first MOPS meeting next week. Have I mentioned how much I love MOPS? If you have a group in your area I highly suggest joining. It has been so much fun! I'm looking forward to the new year and being a part of making it happen. I need to run and take care of a few more things, but I thought I'd end on an adorable story about Christopher and Brandon. The kids and I were outside playing in the backyard the other morning when Brandon got home from work. They wanted to swing, so we set them up and began pushing. Brandon would catch Christopher as he was swinging forward and hold him and then say, "Are you ready for anything?" and suddenly drop him to swing backwards with no warning. Christopher loved it and, of course, after I'd run inside to grab something I miss the best part. Christopher tells Brandon after a couple times of playing this game, "Daddy, I want you to hold me and tell me I'm ready for anything." Doesn't that just melt your heart???? It does mine every time I think about it, which is often. They have no idea what they are saying sometimes and gets the words a little mixed up every now and then, but it hits you in a way only a parent can understand and really makes you think. I should start asking my heavenly Daddy that more often. It would make my job down here a lot easier if I did!

Oh, Brit- I'm sorry that it has been so hard. I pray too that you will have a few days together this weekend. Hang in there. I don't know how you do it.
Lauren W said...
7:20 PM