That's what we are going to be for halloween this year. Yes, I've already gotten their costumes. We waited longer last year and couldn't find anything in Christopher's size, so I wanted to be prepared. Sophie's came first. I had no clue what to get her b/c your options for a girl out there are either a fairy, a princess, Dorothy or a witch. She knows nothing about any of those, so I decided to go with the fairy. It's adorable! And today i found the perfect goody bucket for her at Old Navy, a flower.
Now, Christopher was going to be more of a challenge. He's been saying for a long time that he wanted to be a dump truck. We are going to visit our families 2 weeks before halloween and I talked to my Dad and we were going to make it together with a styrofoam cooler and some suspenders. BUT, last night, Christopher squatted down on the floor like Spidey does, jumped up and said, "Mommy, I want to be Spiderman for Halloween!" I told him, "Done!" He then told me he wanted Grammie and I to make it for him. To which I quickly replied, "They don't made Spiderman fabric." So we headed to Target to buy him one. He's wearing it for the second time today and I have a feeling he will most likely be sleeping in it. That's what he did last year when he got his Incredibles costume.
Now, for those of you who are the parents and dress up with your kids, good for you. I did last year, but I feel like I cheated a little b/c I just wore black and bought the little cat ears/tail combo. Which is a big deal b/c I hate cats, but it was cheap. Unless we have a party we have to go to, I plan on wearing my jeans and a sweatshirt (fingers crossed!!). Of course at this rate I'll probably need to dress like a Hooster's waitress reject b/c it'll still be too hot for jeans and well, those poor girls just look cold and I'll do just about anything to be cold right now!
We are one of "those" families. We will all be dressed alike until Bennett begs us to stop and the pictures will cause our kids to mock us at every family get together for the rest of our lives, but I don't care. I can't wait to see pics of your little fairy and superhero :-)
Lauren W said...
12:26 PM