Inspiration

My mom found this blog a few months ago and we both have come to enjoy reading, and listening, to it. From what I can tell it is a woman who loves the Lord with all that she has and her husband and family too. She has 7 gorgeous children. Yes, seven. I know. But reading her blog has been an inspiration to me. Did I mention she's an amazing photographer too? She isn't perfect, even if though I think they look perfect... physically. Her latest post I haven't finished reading, but plan to. It's long, but show her heart and her desires for herself and her family and her marriage. I wish that I could say I have the faith and spiritual wisdom that she has, but I don't. I feel like I have really fallen away in the last several years and am trying to get back. Moving as often as we have has made it a challenge to get plugged into a church and Bible studies, but that is something I'm trying to work on b/c it's going to be my life if we stay in the military. I just wanted to be honest about it. Maybe in hopes I will keep myself accountable that way. But I also thought some of you out there would love to find this blog as well.

I think that one of my favorite posts was about her daughters and princesses. Those of you who know me know how I feel about the whole "princess" thing the world has created. I have a sister, but neither of us were treated like a "princess." Don't get me wrong, we were definitely loved, but well, she was more into being a tomboy and I just wanted to be a mommy. Growing up I never liked watching "girly" movies b/c I knew that I would just want the fantasy of it all when I got married and I didn't want something that isn't true. Now that I'm married, I appreciate a good chick flick like the rest of you. It makes me love my husband and that I don't have to go through any of that, no matter how true or false it may have been.

Later, I worried about when I had children that I would have a daughter and she would want to be covered in crazy pinks, sparkling glitter and flashy tiaras and stand on the counter demanding everything be done right now! Yes, that is my idea of a princess. I know, it's not really like that, but I can't help but think it will be b/c we have come to want everything instantaneously, so why wouldn't our children feel the same way? Until I read her post about a princess party her daughters went to. I think we felt the same way about the whole princess thing, but both of us changed our perspective after this party. (I know, I didn't go, but it still did the trick!) If you have a daughter or two, I urge you to read about it. It's the kind of princess I hope to be and to teach my own daughter to be as well.

2 comments:

wow, I haven't read all of her post since she writes novels, good ones, but you know. I can't believe she is younger than us and has seven kids. Unbelievable.

1:22 PM  

I just got the Esther Beth Moore study and thought about you. It brought back memories of sitting in the bed at Crossland Downs doing Beth Moore studies. If you want to go through it with me, I'd love that. We could keep each other accountable. Let me know if you think you have time for it. Love and miss you!!!

5:18 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.