Not much exciting happened around here this weekend. We pretty much stayed home all day on Saturday and didn't make it to church on Sunday b/c of the colds we've had. My allergies have started acting up again b/c we ran out of Zyrtec and I had a couple days without it. We had friends come over for dinner Saturday night b/c we've been trying to go out without the kids, but that never happened, so we figured we'd just have them over instead. It was a lot of fun catching up with everyone and the kids had a blast running around being silly.
Sunday we let the kids go outside and paint on a roll of paper I'd bought months ago, but was too hot to go outside and unroll it. The whole project was over much faster than you'd like, but that's the way it is with kids. You think it'll take 20 minutes to have fun and they are done in 8 flat. Brandon took Christopher to the BX to spend his hard earned allowance and Sophie and I went for a walk in the wagon. She didn't like riding without "Boppy" at first, but she got used to it. When the boys got back, we put Sophie down for another nap and not much later Brandon went down with Christopher. I decided to read a book on the couch, but started to doze, so I figured I might as well take a nap too. About an hour into my sweet slumber and huge boom sound woke me up. Brick went nuts and Brandon came running out. It sounded like a bomb had gone off, so we went outside, but didn't see anything. Then we realized the power was out and figured a transformer must have blown. I had a feeling it would take a really long time to get it fixed, but in less than an hour the power truck was right outside our window at the telephone pole across the street. No wonder the boom was so loud!!! We went out to go watch and found out the reason everything had happened was due to a squirrel. The giant ants of the neighborhood as I like to call them b/c there are hundreds of them around and they are just as annoying. They run along the side of your house. They are on your trash cans when you go out. They are even in your van if you leave the door open! I'm not exactly sure why God created them, but I'm sure He had a very good reason. Well, I like to call this adventurous creature the "stupid teen" of the bunch. You know, the type that will do anything b/c it sounds like a cool idea, but has no warning brain cells in his head? Unfortunately for this little guy it ended in disaster. This may sound mean, but I wish so badly that I could have seen it happen. Maybe it's b/c we love watching America's Funniest Home Videos and I think it would have made a hilarious one!
Now I am pretty sure I know why she started calling him Boppy...I thought she started calling him that after we were all together this summer...
Caroline Armstrong said...
2:22 PM