New ones

We got new neighbors today. Living on a military base this happens quite frequently. They've been working hard on getting the houses ready by chopping up the doors (I'm assuming they replaced them), cutting down the trees in the front yard and the bushes as well. Don't ask, it's not what I would do to welcome someone, but I guess they thought it was a good thing. The whole reason I'm blogging about this is how I found out we have new neighbors. I saw a man walking by this morning and nobody has lived there for several months so I got a little curious. I looked outside and saw a minivan parked in the carport and these in the "flower bed" by the front door:



2 Pink Flamingos

Nothing says "Welcome to Florida!" like a pair of plastic pink flamingos does it? I died! I wanted to go out and take a picture, but figured everyone watching me probably wasn't the best way to say hello. We joked with some friends when we first moved here a year and a half ago about sticking some of these in their yard, but we never did. And come to think of it, I haven't seen any anywhere. Honestly. I'm off to tend to another sick child. We were cold-free for about 4 days and it's come back to haunt me. I don't mind though, just means lots and lots of cuddling.

2 comments:

Hey--I got your dress in. Just let me know what you were thinking about :)

2:41 PM  

Which house is this Brittny? I imagine the house farther from us?

7:58 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.