I've been trying to talk to Christopher more about God and he kind of gets it, but I think it's becoming a little more exciting to him now. I was reading in my daily Bible the other night and one of the verses in chapter I had to read was one that Brandon taught Christopher, Romans 8:31 - "If God is for us, who can be against us." I got really excited b/c I finally had a way to show him and explain to him better about what he's been learning at church and home.
Tonight we were reading our bedtime stories and then turned off the light to say prayers and "have a little bit of talk" and I remembered the verse. I jumped up and told him I'd be right back. That got him all excited and he followed me and shouted "War Eagle!" (that's for his aunts) and I died laughing and made him go tell Brandon.
Back to the story, we went to bed and I opened my Bible to show him the words and explain what the Bible is and what it's about. I told him he had a Bible (Thanks Aunt Jean!) that was given to him when he was born. He knew exactly where it was, I was glad to know that b/c we haven't read it since all the discussions have started, and jumped down to get it. We opened it up and I read 3 of the stories that I knew he'd learned about at church. Daniel in the lion's den, Noah's ark and the latest, creation. We talked a little about each one and he got more excited after each story. After telling him that each story was in the Bible he'd say, "No way!!" His new favorite phrase.
He wanted to keep going, so we read about Zaccheus. I told him there was a song and I hoped I remembered it as the words came out of my mouth. He loved it and he kept wanting me to sing it. Thankfully kids don't care if you've had a sore throat for over a week and sound like a scratched up record. Then he wanted me to tell him the story again. I asked him what he thought Jesus and Zaccheus ate and here's what he said, "Chicken nuggets with french fries and peanut butter. But no strawberries." Who knows? Maybe they did eat chicken, potatoes or nuts.
I'll have to add that to my list of things to remember when I get up there. I'm just finding peace in knowing that my little boy is getting so excited about God and learning more about Him that it makes me want to cry a little. I needed that. Thanks God for answering another prayer and letting me know that I'm not quite the screw up of a mom that I think I am sometimes!
Christopher and Sophie are so lucky to have such wonderful parents. I am so proud of Christopher and I know he is going to grow up to be an incredible man who has a heart after God.
Lauren W said...
8:36 AM
Nicholas loves to say, "Zaccheas, you come down!" It is too cute.
The Khans said...
10:40 AM
That is so exciting Christopher!! And we cannot wait to see you in a couple of weeks, or is it next week?
The Howell's said...
10:58 AM