Time to unplug

Gerber NUK Silicone Pacifier, Nautical, Size 2
I decided that this was the week that Sophie was going to be "unplugged" from her pacifier. I informed Brandon on the way home from church on Sunday and he didn't say much. He loves the "plug" as much as the kids have. Who wouldn't? It's the quickest fix out there! I've loved it too, but after waiting until Christopher was 3 to get rid of his, I realized it was a terrible idea. Here's what I learned from that experience:

1) the bigger they are, the bigger the tantrum they throw

2) if they can get out of bed, they WON'T stay in it

3) the longer you wait, the harder it will be

and most important...

4) you can forget naps b/c they won't take them for a few days.

SO, I thought I would get rid of Sophie's before she's two, is still in a crib and I have mom's day out to help me do it. She naps there and they said that she went down no problem for her nap on Monday. Yesterday she cried a little, but it was nothing at all like what Christopher produced when he was going through this process. I'm looking forward to not having to keep up with those little boogers anymore. I know every child is different and some just drop it no problem, but not my kids. Now, if we can just potty train her soon I will truly jump up and down with pure delight!!

1 comments:

good luck! love yall

7:55 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.