I've been trying to add the rest of the photos from our trip, but it won't work for some reason. Not sure if they are too large or what, but I'm working on it. It was a great trip and the kids loved seeing their grandparents. When we were leaving John and Lisa's, Christopher told me, "That was a great trip to Mimi and Papa John's house!" There was no doubt he had fun spending time with them. He had fun playing with Brandon's old trucks and the toys they keep in the closet and riding in the wagon. I know he'll look forward to going back soon!
It was nice to be at Grammie and Pop's house too. The kids always look forward to going to the lake. Aunt Jenny and Anne Morgan were there waiting for us and we all couldn't wait to get our hands on that little girl! She loved Christopher and would give him the biggest grins when he would tickle her cheeks. I forget how fun it is to watch babies learn new tricks and become more aware of their surroundings. I think I like watching them and not being the newborn mom for once. We've always had a new baby the same time as someone else, so it's fun to enjoy being the aunt and just an aunt.
Christopher had more fun playing in the shop with Pop and building new toys. The first was a big dump truck. It's awesome! It dumps and everything. We left it at Grammie and Pop's house so he could make some more. He also wanted to make something for Sophie and they came out with a little minivan. Ok, so it doesn't have a cover, but it's got 3 rows to it and a sign on back that says "Camp-Wag-a-Tail or Bust" on back. (That's what we call their house b/c of all the dogs.)
Sophie surprised us all the most b/c she absolutely LOVED holding those new babies. She has really gotten into playing with her baby dolls she got for Christmas last year and it's so fun to watch her little "mommy" instincts come out. She got to the point where she would run to the couch, climb up and hold her arms out saying, "Baby! Baby!" It was so cute! She loved holding Campbell and Anne Morgan. She'd give them kisses on their head and point out their eyes and ears. She loves those babies.
We can't wait to go meet our newest little neighbor, Regan Lee, but right now the kids have a little cold and I'm not going to let them near that house until they are completely over it. I might have to go visit tomorrow while they are in mom's day out. Like I said, I'm going to try to get photos on here as soon as I can. Just check back later!
0 comments:
Post a Comment