I was tagged by Ole Miss Mom to list 10 things that make me happy. So, here goes:
1. My husband, Brandon. He's wonderful! He works very hard to provide for us and even harder to have fun with us. He always tries to out do himself when it comes to entertaining the kids. He does the dishes when we have company and wrestles with the kids when he comes home from work. I could go on and on, but I have to list 9 more things!
2. My kids, Christopher and Sophie. They crack me up! Every time we are in the car and see something to do with construction or any kind of work truck he yells it with pure joy like it's the first time he's ever seen one in real life. Sophie has joined in on the fun too. I love to hear them laugh at each other, even if they are teaming up against me.
3. Not having to fix dinner. I love to cook, but I don't love to clean it up. So if there is ever a night that Brandon tells me not to fix anything I love it!
4. Entertaining friends and family. I know, you are probably laughing after what I said in #3, but I truly love hosting people in our home. But I like to do relaxing entertaining. Don't expect fine china or tea sets or sterling silver at our house. We like to grill out, use wooden plates (if I don't have paper) and wear comfy clothes with no shoes. I'm proud to say we've even had company and I didn't even bother to put makeup on. Oh, and expect me to do the dishes (if Brandon isn't already) while you are still there. Cleaning is way more fun when you have someone to chat with.
5. Family get-togethers. I love going to my parents' house when my siblings are there with their families. It's loud and crazy and someone may end up fighting or in time out, but I love it! And I love going to my in-laws just as much. Yes, I love mine very much. My kids are very fortunate to have such fun grandparents!
6. Chocolate chip cookies fresh out of the oven and cold milk. Need I say more? (Just had some.)
7. My dog, Brick. He was a sweet addition to our family. He is the kindest dog and I can't figure out why anyone got rid of him.
8. Reading. There is nothing I love to do more than putting the kids to bed, taking a hot shower and crawling into bed to lose myself in a fun read. This is what I do when Brandon is gone at night and that's why I don't mind giving him time away to unwind.
9. Our church. We visited it when we moved here a year and a half ago and never went anywhere else. They have an incredibly children's program, our S.S. rocks and I have truly enjoyed being a part of MOPS. I will miss it very much when we move.
10. Knowing Jesus. I haven't always been great at spending time with Him once I had kids, but I love it when I do. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank Him for everything that He has given me (like the things listed above). I try to remind Christopher of that too. I want my children to know that everything we have was given to us by Him and those things cannot be the most important things in our lives. Nothing we have will make us feel better when we are down in the dumps the way that He can!
Now I'm going to tag some of you! I didn't add photos b/c I didn't know how much time I'd have to do this, but feel free to on your blog if you'd like!
Jennifer (my sis)
Caroline (my sis-in-law)
Melissa
Lauren
Rebecca
Joia
Wendi
0 comments:
Post a Comment