I'm super excited about Thanksgiving tomorrow! I love having all of my family together and eating lots of yummy food we only have twice a year. (Maybe we should spread it out and do it in July?) It was hard to start this post where I was going to name some things I was thankful for b/c my children were just fight over the "sand mold" that they were playing with. Once I threatened to throw it away they finally stopped.
This year we are having the celebration at my parents' house and there is nothing like being at the lake in the fall. I love it! Mom told me last night that not all of the leaves had fallen off the trees so I could still enjoy it. I miss the changing leaves so much!! Here in FL everything either stays green or just turns brown and dies leaving these ugly, thorny looking branches behind. Both of my siblings and their families will be there, as well as my dad's sisters and their families, my grandmother and her brother, Uncle Bob.
I feel I have so many things to be thankful for and with the way the world is lately I feel even more grateful for what I have. I am so blessed to have a son and a daughter who love each other like crazy (even when fighting over dirt and who it belongs to). I'm truly thankful for my husband who gave me those two little blessings. I'm thankful that he has a job that is secure and that we can live so close to his work that we don't have to worry about it taking him an hour to get home. (He can ride a bike there!) I'm thankful for our parents and the faith that they have in God and that they knew just how important it was to raise us to have that same faith. I'm thankful that I have the ability to drive thru Burger King to grab breakfast every now and then. I'm thankful that I stay home with my kids so I don't drive thru there every day. I'm thankful for the friends that God has always provided for us in every move. I'm thankful for the friends we have made at our church. I'm thankful that my son wants to play trucks with me so I will step away from this computer right now. And tomorrow I will be thankful for diving into some of this:

Happy Thanksgiving!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment