some funnies

Christopher has said some really funny things lately. To start off the first one, we borrowed the Curious George movie from a friend and he's obsessed with watching it. If you haven't seen it, it's really cute (and I found it for $10 to put in his stocking). Anyway, on Monday we went around with Wendi to pass out flyers about collecting can goods to take to a local shelter for Thanksgiving. Christopher loved running up to the houses and sticking them in the door and was more into it than I thought he would be. I want to start teaching my children that holidays are not all about them, but about helping those less fortunate than us too. That's why I was so excited Wendi had this idea and I jumped on board. Well, we met her and her boys after mom's day out and since my kids never nap that day he started to get a little tired. We went home and he went to lie down in my room watching a movie. He came out to find me and saw Wendi still at work and said, "There's Wendi! She's working really hard!" I agreed with him with laughter. Then her husband John drove by and he asked me where they were going. I told him I didn't know and he quickly replied, "They are going to Africa like Curious George." I immediately called her and left her a message to call me when she got home so I could tell her where they had gone in his mind.


That night as we were having our mommy-son time in bed (our favorite time of the day!) he randomly told me he didn't want to go to kindergarden. I told him he didn't have to go for a few more years. (Our friend Kylan started K this year, so it has been a popular topic in our house.) He thought about it for a minute and then said, "I don't want to go to kindergarden. I want to go to a school with squares." Huh? I had no idea what he was talking about. I tried to ask more questions, but the only answer I got were, "or circles." I'm still confused. I tried to ask some more but then I felt like I was in a Dr. Seuss book b/c he starts talking about in kindergarden they have those red and yellow legs. What in the world? I just left him in bed having no clue what he was thinking and figured he knew and that was all that mattered. He's into making things up to be silly so I'm just assuming that's all he was doing. Don't want to squash that imagination!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.