Our week

This has been a really good week considering Brandon has started nights again. I think that the weather has a lot to do with it. I don't have any pics to show what all we've done and I kind of wish I did. But, like they say, sometimes you miss the moment b/c you are too busy trying to catch it with a camera. Tuesday we went to the library for story time, something we haven't ever done. I wasn't sure how the kids would act, but figured it's for 3-5 year olds so whoever is in charge has probably seen it before. They did great. Probably b/c they didn't have to sit still for very long. The sweet lady who read it reminded me of my grandmother with her lovely Southern accent and choice of words that take you back. You know, those fun words that we don't say anymore like, "pocketbook" and "chill-dren". Now I call them "bag" and "HEY!!" Then we went to meet some friends at the park for lunch. Everyone had to leave early, but we stayed until it was time for naps, enjoying the swings and the perfect weather. I think we spent pretty much the whole day outside b/c when they woke up we went right back out again.


Yesterday I cut the grass, for what I'm hoping is the last time until next spring, and it went the fastest yet. Usually it takes me what feels like 2 hours b/c there is so much to cut when you add in the side of the house, but I was afraid to stop the mower not sure if it would start up again. Once I was done, we loaded up and went to Walmart. We finished shopping for our Operation Christmas Child and came home to play outside some more. After naps, we went right back outside to play and ride bikes. Have I mentioned that I love being a mom right now? I know that I always seem to mention bad along with the good, but I'm just trying to stay honest and real. My kids have finally reached an age where I can sit back and enjoy watching and playing with them. It's a lot of fun to see them playing trucks together or digging in the dirt making new piles to then run over with a tractor. The one thing that I REALLY wish I had caught on camera was when Brick was chasing a squirrel along the house. The outside of our house is this really rough stucco kind of stuff that you do NOT want to rub or bump anything against b/c it will leave a mark. But it's great for squirrels to run along. It freaks you out when you first see it happening, but you get used to it. You still don't like it, but you get used to it. Anyway, they went back and forth for several minutes going almost completely around the house. I was thankful that I'd shut the door to the house b/c the chase definitely would have made it indoors if I hadn't. Can you imagine? Anyway, the little rodent finally made it to a point where he could jump to a tree and the chase was over. I definitely would have sent it to AFV if I caught it. I was afraid to leave the kids alone b/c I knew someone would get knocked over if I did.

Today we are going to Destin Commons for the Kids Club event they put on once a month. It's story time with crafts and it's free. We went last month and it was really cute and well put together. So, it's been a great week here for us and hopefully you too. Next week may be different b/c Brandon will have to start sleeping at our house during the day again. Our neighbors are out of town and they gave me a key to the house so the kids and I could play there, but I thought Brandon would sleep over there better instead of hearing us come and go all day. Even he said he feels better b/c of it! I'm off to see what the little munchkins have gotten themselves into now.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.