waitin' for ida

After turning on the Weather Channel a little while ago I learned that hurricane season is typically over this time of year and here we are having lil' miss Ida coming our way. They predict several inches of rain... a whole 1/2 inch for today and possibly 1-2 inches tomorrow. Should I feel like an idiot yet for rushing out at 8:00 this morning to fill up my tank with gas and rushing to the commissary to get bottled water, milk, batteries and diapers? Right now I'm thinking I should. For the record, I never rush out and do any of these things b/c I've never had to before and I just think that I'm going to make myself paranoid if I do. (And end up with a laundry room full of gallons of water that I will never use.) I don't doubt those things are necessary by any means. Call me crazy, but a nasty thunderstorm or a tornado scare me a heck of a lot more than hurricanes do. I've seen what it takes to knock down these houses and it's not wind and water doing it. It takes several excavators, material handlers and such to tear down these walls. I like to think that we have houses "built on the Rock." I've been told the only way we would flood would be from a category 5 hurricane. (that or a good pipe leak!) Brandon is still on nights this week, so he's gone and won't be back until around 6:00 tomorrow night. They told him this morning when he went in that they are only going to keep a few people there and since he's on nights he's one of them. I wasn't really planning on seeing him much this week, so I wasn't too terribly upset when I heard that. Good news is he will now be home on Wednesday like all the other spouses who get Veteran's Day off. He was going to have to spend the day sleeping, which I'm sure he will still do some of, but at least I know he'll be awake to enjoy some of it. I'm off to see if I can get these kids fed and to an early bedtime. No naps and a day of excitement can wear them out pretty good. Hope you are staying dry and everything I just said above doesn't come back to bite me!

1 comments:

I hear you on the tornados...I have your dress done. It's on the blog and I hope you like it. What's your address? I love the dress up shoes. :) too cute

8:52 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.