I miss cable. I miss it terribly right now! The Winter Olympics are on and they are my favorite. I am DYING because I can't watch them! I love the crazy characters that come out and compete. Have you ever noticed the difference between the summer and winter Olympians? Summer athletes are all clean cut, strict and ivy league looking. Winter athletes come out with crazy hair, rockin' out and ready to party. I may look more like a summer Olympian, but I LOVE to watch the winter ones more. Probably because I'm nothing like them. I like safe and secure with both feet on the warm ground. They are balls out. (sorry!)
Now if I could pick a sport (don't let the fact I haven't exercised in 4 years fool you) it would be speed skating. What a rush!!!! It reminds me of those roller skating parties we used to go to and the races you would have, one of the very few things as a kid I could win. (Never been much of an athlete, just lots of energy.) You go as fast as you possibly can around a loop and you just might slip and slide crashing into a wall. Call me crazy, but that sounds awesome!!!!!! Only because the walls are padded. The one thing I always think about when watching them if how close their skates are to the opponent's fingers. I think I would wear thick mesh gloves if I did it.
We've tried to find live links of the Olympics online, but haven't had any luck. So if you know where I can find it, let me know. I'll watch pretty much anything, but curling. No offense to anyone who curls, but it always makes me think I'm watching the North Dakota games.

I don't think I even know what curling is. So, I will likely not be any help in regards to a link online.
Loving your cable-free life! I could do it....not sure if my family could.
starnes family said...
4:52 PM
I miss cable a little right now too. Leighton's first tub bath was during the opening ceremonies of the Beijing Olympics and I wish her sister was already here for these! I actually prefer summer Olympics but I do wish I could see some speed skating!
The Scott family said...
6:54 PM
Oh no! I forgot, I hate that for you! (that sounds sarcastic but I don't mean it that way) We have so many memories watching the Olympics growing up. I love love love the Olympics! I even like the curling :)
The Howell's said...
9:55 PM
So, do you remember when we used to run together at the Frazer gym? I think we did it about 5 times total? And then we would walk in the Peppertree parking lot. I think that lasted twice. And the worst part is that my tennis shoes are still the ones you and I bought together in 2002!!!!!!
Lauren W said...
10:52 AM
Try this Brittny.
http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/assetid=d344b6d1-b25e-442b-b06c-cf2452e122f7.html#cook+crashes?__source=msnhomepage>1=39003
Wendi Kitsteiner said...
9:02 PM