Oh happy day!

Today was fabulous! God tells us He will never give us more than we can handle and yesterday I learned that THAT was all I could handle. We woke up this morning and everyone was happy... once we ate. There was a little fighting over who was going to sit in my lap, so I decided we just needed to eat. That worked. Who could say no to chocolate chip banana bread? Ok, so I can. Never liked the stuff, but everyone else loves it along with sweet tea and cheese straws. (that was for you Lauren!) I'm weird about my fruit. I prefer it in it's original form, not in bread or ice cream or yogurt. Just give me the real stuff and I'm a happy girl.

Ok, I'm side tracked now. (focus, girl, focus!) We had Bible study this morning and I wasn't sure if we were going to make it b/c I needed to get some groceries and Sophie's had a funny runny nose the last few days. You know the kind, it's there and then it's not. Then, wait, it's back again. All in the same day. I thought I'd try anyway and gave her a really good wipe before dropping her off. This week's lesson was exactly what I needed. Last night when Brandon got home at 9:00 I told him what the kids needed and I was going to bed. I wasn't mad at him, just way beyond the day. I had two days of study left to complete and could not have been more fitting. Isn't it funny how God works that way? I realized that when you decided to study something specific about His Word that He is going to use that as an opportunity to teach you about it really well.

The first week was great! I loved the study and felt happy b/c I was using my peaceful communication skills I'd learned. Then the next few weeks became much more challenging. I really felt tested and was not pleased with myself or the study. (probably b/c of guilt or that things weren't really clicking. i'm slow sometimes.) But after last night's catch up I really felt God was trying to nail the info into my brain the best way He knew how. Well, don't you know, it worked!

Christopher, Sophie and I were walking to the nursery and he had been very sweet (since breakfast) and I told him how much I appreciated his manners and kind words and being so helpful. I asked him if he thought yesterday was a bad day and he agreed. I then asked if he thought today was going to be a good one and he smiled saying, "yes!" My heart is actually hurting and bursting just thinking about all I (and he) learned. That's not to say we will no longer have our challenges. Geez, I'm not that slow! We'll have them the rest of our lives. But someone said something today that Beth Moore said in a video (promoting her video conference the church is having in April on insecurities). We all have insecurities, but what we don't realize is that God gives us those insecurities so that we will have to rely on Him to deal with them. The Man is brilliant I tell you! That's why HE'S God and we aren't. (hello????)

Now I'm not sure that fighting with a 3 year old has much to do with being insecure, but facing challenges like trying to reason with a 3 year old does. Everything we face that is difficult is given to us so we have to rely on Him. Wouldn't it be easier if we could just always remember that? Yeah, well, we are human after all! (ha! not the only one that's slow now, sucka!)

So, I'm going to end my little soap box and show you some delightful little things that happened this evening to round out my very good day. And here they are:

These sweet little puppies arrived on my doorstep as I was heading out to the commissary. Yippeeeee!!!!!! (Thanks Mom and Dad for the early birthday present!) They will be worn on my date this weekend... if it's not raining.



We ate these yummy puppies (with a side of bacon) for supper tonight. Thought I'd try throwing a little butter on the griddle first and it gave them a little bit of a crust. Oh so good!!



And these precious pups got to spend some much needed time with the big dog of the house. I love these three like you wouldn't believe!

Well guys, thanks for sticking with me on this lengthy post here. I'm curled up in my bed, kiddos are out and my man headed back to the office to try to finish some things up so he can come home early tomorrow. I'm off to read more in my latest book. I counted this afternoon and this is my 9th, that's right NINTH, book since the year started. I think it took me a few years to read that many before now. Ha! (Starnes, I think I'm going to join you in your little book quest you have going!)

Wait, did I forget to tell you that we have a chance of snow tomorrow? Yup, never thought it would happen. And I still don't, but just to let you know how cold it is........ again! I kind of hope it doesn't b/c C-dawg will be heartbroken if it won't stick. He wants snow so bad!!! Good night everyone!

4 comments:

Oh, I love the reading challenge! I'm on 7. I can't read enough these days.

You should check out www.goodreads.com. It's like Facebook for nerds. So, of course, I fit right in.

I enjoyed the lesson in this post today.....that we are given these challenges so that we will turn to God for help. It's a beautifully said, simply stated way to keep focus. I'm going to remember it!

10:05 PM  

Brittny- please don't eat puppies. Even with bacon as a side. I don't think it's legal.

9:11 AM  

I am so glad you had a better day Brittny. And we have snow today, do you? It isn't sticking a lot yet, but it is snowing consistently so maybe a little later.

10:25 AM  

Oh and so glad to see you received your boots. I know that made your day that more special. Very exciting. Enjoy your date night. They are sooooo needed.

10:29 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.