The lake and Auburn

This past weekend we went to my parents house at "the lake." I absolutely love it there! It's my most favoritest place on this earth. And it made it even a hundred time better because my husband was able to join the kids and I this time. Usually we head up there without him because his schedule is crazy and it's easier for us to just go somewhere, but not this time.

We got there early evening on Friday and had supper while the kids played. Too busy to eat. Brick was going crazy because he loves being there more than anyone. (He never sleeps that first night b/c he wants to play, play, play!!!) The kids didn't really nap on the way there either so we put them to bed and followed right behind them. Saturday morning I got up with Sophie and passed her off to my mom so I could go back to bed. After a little while I heard Christopher running down the hallway (he adores Grammie with every ounce of his being.) and I just couldn't go back to sleep. I was lying there and then I remembered something, it was my birthday! Have you ever woken up and realized today was your birthday? Yeah, never thought I would forget that either.

I went into the kitchen and found Grammie and two little helpers making yummy biscuits. I had to leave b/c they were going to decorate and I got out of bed too soon. So I went to the other room to read for a while and Christopher came running in with a bag of balloons asking me to help him blow them up. We laughed and played with them. It was great! The day only got better. The weather could not have been more perfect, and it sounded like everyone was experiencing the same thing where they lived. We played outside and the kids got good and muddy, especially Christopher! We went in to clean up and then Brandon and I left to go have a special lunch just the two of us. When we got back, he went to nap. Later the four of us went on an adventure with the dogs and stomped through mud and trees and rocks. It was great! We had homemade chicken pot pie for supper and homemade chocolate cream pie for dessert. It was delicious! We watched more Olympics and then all went to bed.

Sunday morning we woke up, had breakfast and headed to Auburn to go see Aunt Jenny and Uncle Trey dedicate Anne Morgan at their church. It was so special to be there! We haven't been able to do this for all of the nieces/nephews, so we were glad to make it hers. She is the sweetest, most well behaved baby I have ever seen! I honestly can't remember her being fussy or crying about anything. My kids love her, just like they love all babies, and Christopher was upset when he found out that she is growing. He wants her to always stay a baby so he can hold her. I told him he can always find a baby to hold and not to worry. Jennifer made a fabulous lunch and cake for everyone. We finally had to hit the road and didn't get home until about 8:00 that night, but it was a great trip and I could not have asked for a better weekend if I planned it myself! Ok, so I guess I kind of did b/c I invited ourselves to the lake and to Auburn, but still!

Oh, and if you are wondering what I got for my birthday, I put all of my money together and bought this:

Singer 2932 Sewing Machine

I'm very excited about owning it and dying to start learning how to use it. But it will have to wait. I have too much on my plate right now to figure it out. I'm planning on spending with with my mom soon so she can finally teach me (again) how to sew. She tried when I was a kid, but at 8 years old you think you'll always be living with your parents so why learn to do something your mom can do anytime you ask? Oh young people! My plan is to be able to do pillows and curtains and simple crafts like that. Hopefully I'll also learn how to make simple jumpers for Sophie too. But I'm setting the bar very low right now.

I think this post has been long enough. I have a few photos from the weekend, but don't have a way to download them right now. Brandon left for a week long conference out of town and took his computer with him. It'll have to wait until he gets back this weekend. I'm out!

5 comments:

Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday weekend Brittny. You couldn't be more right about not having an interest to learn stuff when you still live at home.

5:47 PM  

Glad you enjoyed a fun weekend in celebration of your birthday. Even if you forgot!

6:55 PM  

Soooo good to see all of you! Thanks again for coming and I'm excited your ordered your sewing machine. I can't wait to have a "sewing party" at the lake next month!

7:36 PM  

So glad you had such a wonderful birthday. I did wake up that morning thinking it was your birthday, and reminiscing of all of the bowling and roller-skating joint birthday parties we shared! Those were good times :) Happy Birthday friend.

9:07 PM  

I do not like the sentence, "The weather could not have been more perfect, and it sounded like everyone was experiencing the same thing where they lived." WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!

But other than that, Happy happy Birthday!

9:43 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.