I've never been a big Valentine's Day person. Never really saw why we had to go and buy lots of stuff and flowers and food to show someone we loved them. I thought that was what anniversaries were for. But now that I have kids I'm getting into it! Maybe it's b/c my birthday is 6 days after the overpriced holiday and so I've never told Brandon we had to celebrate V'day, we can wait until my birthday to celebrate something.
I remember as a kid my mom having a little gift for us on the counter at breakfast and making heart shaped pancakes. I loved it! Maybe that's why I was confused. Everywhere you went they made it a romantic holiday, but I was shown at home that you told everyone you love, "I love you!"
So, I got the kids a little treat and was going to make a special breakfast, but they just want the rest of the chocolate chip banana bread we made earlier this week and goldfish. I think they get it. Brandon is on call (again!) so I'm hoping that it stays sunny and the kids and I can have a fun afternoon. I'm looking forward to a great sermon at church and S.S. this morning.
Oh, and we had probably one of the best dates we've had in a long time. You know how sometimes you get out and all you can think to talk about is the kids? We talked about everything but the kids! Then did some window shopping. It was fun! Hope you have a great day!

I love you Brittny!! Happy Valentine's Day! :)
The Scott family said...
9:12 AM
Happy Valentine's Day friend! I hope you and your sweet babies have a wonderful day. My sweet baby woke up with his very 1st fever this morning - Happy Day to us :(
Erin said...
9:51 AM
We lub youuu!! Anne Morgan is loving the balloon that her Daddy gave her for Valentines Day, it's precious to see her so excited! We can't wait to see you next weekend!
The Howell's said...
1:05 PM
I always got gifts from my parents and in college I always made Valentines for my friends. I think it is a day about showing love to those in your life who are special. We're not lovey dovey either. it's more fun for the whole family day. BTW, I am sending you an e-mail tonight. Come to KC now!!!!
Lauren W said...
4:59 PM
We made it a family day, too. Just fits for us right now.
Glad you're having some outings without the overload of kid-talk. We're guilty of that often!
starnes family said...
12:14 PM