A day off

I'm totally thrown off as to what day it is. Brandon was on call all day Saturday and when he got home Sunday morning he wanted to go up to Montgomery to spend the night. I had my whole Monday morning planned out because it's the only day I don't have both kids with me, but I never do things spur of the moment like this so I agreed. We were packed (in one bag, yeah!!) and on the road in an hour.


The kids played, Sophie napped, we went shopping and had supper. Played some more, went to bed, woke up, had breakfast, played some more, went to Target, had lunch, played some more, went home. It was crazy and fun, but the change of scenery was welcome. And the extra help. Christopher has been extremely chatty lately and we tried skipping most of our naps last week as an experiment to make bed time easier. It didn't really help any. I had less patience and time to do what I needed so we will go back to napping more or strictly enforce play time in our room with a timer.

This morning Wendi watched the kids so I could sign Christopher up for preschool for next year and then I was going to run another errand but was able to squeeze in haircuts for Christopher and I, so I ran home to get the kids so we could make it. I wanted some side bangs, but don't have the hair for it. So, it's still long and straight with some layers. Boring. Oh well! Christopher got a fabulous haircut and Sophie made a new friend because she didn't want to sit still and screamed when I locked her in the stroller. An older lady at the salon who either loves kids or hates a screaming one was very kind to bring Sophie a sucker and some books. (Why I always plan haircuts when the kids are at "school.")

Tomorrow we get to watch Isaac for Wendi and we are looking forward to it. The weather has been perfectly cool and makes playing outside lots of fun. I'm looking forward to naps today and catching up on my Bible study and my book. Sorry, didn't take any photos. Crying child, gotta run!

1 comments:

Brittny!! You made a child cry! That's terrible- and awesome! And you're right about needing a blowtorch over a wipe. That's just gross. And I love that Sophie's wearing a shirt 2x too big with a tractor on it. I love that girl.

7:40 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.