I too exhausted to add photos from our week of adventure, but obviously not too tired to just go to bed. We spent the week hanging out at home and then heading over to meet my in-laws at the beach in Gulf Shores (or was is called Ft. Morgan? or Orange Beach? who knows, but it was that area.) and it was absolutely lovely! That's not a word I usually use to describe things, but it really was. It was so quiet and peaceful since nobody was around and we didn't have to drive to get there. It was great! But I'll talk more about it later.
I thought I'd give my opinion on the book I (was supposed to read) just read and tell you about the one I'm reading now. SO, the little book club book I got and was so excited to read was kind of a flop for me. I was really disappointed b/c I was really looking forward to it, but it was really hard to get into and if it takes me a week or more to read 50-75 pages then I'm probably not going to finish it.
And I didn't.
Eat, Pray, Love is divided into three sections: Italy, India and Indonesia and I just barely made it through Italy and had to quit not long after entering India. I think what made it so hard to read was I'd just read over 15 Christian fiction books and then dove right into a very non-Christian, non-fiction book. Not the best transition. I don't have any problem reading books that are not about Christianity, remember I'd only recently found a Christian author that I actually liked so it's never really been an issue, but this just wasn't the book I needed to read after reading so many of the other. It wasn't just that, I had a hard time following her story. It's like reading someone's diary, only without the sneaking part. We all know women can bounce around in their conversations and that's how this felt to me. I hate to start a book and not finish it, but I just had to call it quits on this one.
But, on a different note, I can't wait to see the movie! And I definitely want to see this one on the big screen. I've never been to any of the places she visits and I want to see them larger than life. Please don't choose to never read this book b/c of me (not that anyone really listens to me, just ask my kids) I just thought I'd give you my opinion. It's obviously good enough that they made a movie out of it and I still want to see that! (I also love Juila Roberts.)
Instead, I decided to pick up a book that my friend Tiffany is letting me borrow, it's called The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society and I'm really enjoying it. It's just letters written between a woman that is an author and a group of people who formed a pretend literary society during the war. It was the only way they could get together without getting in trouble with the Nazis. It sounds boring, but I promise it's not. It's actually pretty funny! The woman is spunky and single and says what she thinks. I love people like that. (Unless I'm on their bad side, which I usually try to avoid.) Want to hear something funny? There is a quote on the back of this book about how great it is. Guess who wrote it? The woman who wrote Eat, Pray, Love. HA!!!
Now my eyes are about to fall out of my head and the fly in our house is even too tired to circle my head anymore so I'm going to bed. Oh, and on a totally random note, today Brandon and I celebrated 6 years of marriage. Go us! Not much in the grand scheme of things, but if we were a hot Hollywood couple that would almost be a silver anniversary. So, yeah us! I love you honey buns and thanks for putting up with me for this long and for wanting to keep doing so for the rest of our lives. : )

Hey Brittny,
Just wanted to stop in and say thanks for joining our site! I enjoyed reading about your sweet and adorable family. They are too cute!
Looking forward to chatting with you more, hopefully soon!
Take care,
~Holly
The Mom-tage said...
11:51 PM
Happy Anniversary
Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, Julianne, and Cole said...
10:05 AM
I agree with most of your thoughts on the book. I'm going to struggle remaining neutral during our "review" post at the end of May. Italy was fun....and then India just took FOREVER. I did make it through, but you don't need to. The one you're reading, I've heard, is really good.
Please share your thoughts on the book once we discuss it. I want everyone to tell their thoughts.....good and bad! That's what a book club is all about.
ps - I have not read the one you're currently reading, but it sounds like Olive Kitteredge. A good one.
starnes family said...
9:03 PM