Sunday date

Yesterday Brandon and I were lucky enough to go on a long date yesterday after church. Our friends Matt and Tiffany had offered and we just at the opportunity. We headed over to Destin b/c we wanted to walk on the beach and go try out the new mexican restaurant Matt and Tiff had found the day before.

Of course I had to swing into Michael's to look for our next MOPS craft. (Honestly, I didn't want to have to turn around the next day and come back.) Then Brandon decided he wanted sushi, so we went to Destin Commons for his favorite place to get it. We decided to walk around a little while we were there and ended up in the Crocs store. We both found something we just couldn't live without and these are my newest little gems:

Just couldn't live without them. Could you? I've been dying for some cute red sandals for years, but just couldn't find the right ones. And I can't remember the last time I paid this much (and they really weren't that expensive, just try to keep everything I buy for myself in the $20-25 or less range.) They are comfy and don't need to stretch out. I already know the first place I plan to wear them.

After leaving Destin Commons we headed to the beach. We live at the beach, but never go there b/c there are so many tourists that we hate dealing with the traffic. But we didn't have kids with us and so we could actually go for a walk on the beach, something we haven't done since our honeymoon 6 years ago. Unfortunately it was probably the nastiest day at the beach b/c everywhere you looked you would think it was pouring, but it wasn't. Just that humid and foggy, but not like regular fog, just gross out. But we had a great walk and talked about where we wanted to move next summer when our time is up here (yes, Webster and Starnes, I actually told him I wanted to move to KS so I could be near you. He laughed at me.) and a bunch of other stuff.

Then we drove farther down 98 and ended up at Grand Blvd. to eat at Cantina Loredo and if you are looking for some super yummy fancy Mexican food this is your place. It's not your typical "give me a #24 with chicken" Mexican food. They make the most amazing guacamole at your table and you will want to just eat that, then beg for seconds and thirds, have a margarita with it and then go home. I only ate half of my chicken enchiladas b/c I had so much homemade salsa too. We walked around a little more and then decided we should go back home.

It was a great day and we needed it really bad. Brandon's schedule is finally letting up, but we felt like we were just passing each other for about 2 months there. Thanks Ramages for helping us out and we look forward to returning the favor this weekend!

2 comments:

How fun! The beach.....sounds lovely. I can't wait for our trip.

The shoes are cute. Glad you found something you like.

9:39 AM  

Lucky girl. Rob and I haven't had a night out to ourselves since Valentine's Day and even that was only for 2 hours. Boo...

On a happier note- your shoes rock. Love them!

9:41 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.