weekend update

We have had a really good weekend here at our house. I think it's mostly due to knowing that Brandon is going to be home all next week and so he can relax (mentally that is) and the kids and I are just happy to have so much time with him.

Yesterday I got to sleep in until 8:30 (I know!) but still felt tired all day long. I think it's this dizzy thing I have going on. and I'm starting to think I'm allergic to my house b/c if I'm here for long I feel worse, but when I leave I feel better. How do you fix that? Anyway, we went to the BX and then to the commissary to get some groceries and came home to have lunch and put Sophie down for a nap. Brandon and Christopher went to go see How to Train your Dragon (is that right?) and seemed to have a good time. When they got home, they cleaned the pool in the backyard that has been hanging over the fence (very redneck, I know) and then we all got cleaned up and went to a birthday party for a sweet little boy that turned 2. He lives across the street from us and melts the heart of anyone and everyone he meets. We had a great time and are going to miss that family so much when they move next month. We came home and everyone (including Brandon and I) were in bed before 8:45. It was awesome!

This morning I was able to sleep in again (Brandon's been waking up at like 5 a.m. lately for work, so sleeping in for him is 6 a.m. or whenever the kids wake up-- just want to clarify I'm not that spoiled OR that selfish), but don't worry, it wasn't nearly as late as the day before. I was also told to not come out of my room yet when I did wake up, so I went back to bed (and played the coveted "hi-pod" as Sophie calls it) until they came and joined me with cards in hand. Even Brick brought me his own card. It was so cute! The kids were so proud of the pics they had made and I couldn't wait to get my hugs on! Brandon made me french toast (my fav!) and we all had a yummy breakfast while trying to figure out what we were going to do that day. Our S.S. class doesn't meet on Mother's Day b/c nobody comes due to other plans, so we just skipped church. Bad, I know. We went to Lowes and got wood to build an awesome step stool for the kids to use with the trampoline. It was WAY more than we thought we'd be spending, but the ground is soft and we needed something really sturdy.

The Ramages were more than happy to let us borrow their drill b/c both of Brandon's died before the first screw even made a dent. They hung out for a couple hours and the guys worked together. We love them b/c they make the most stressful project fun and manageable. The kids eventually started to melt and the stairs were done so we parted ways. Sophie napped, the boys tried and I worked on my next craft for MOPS. After Sophie woke up we loaded up and headed to Turkey Creek. The water was freezing, but it didn't stop the kids from playing in the water anyway. After that we drove through Dairy Queen and got blizzards. Note: the new Buster Bar Blizzard is delicious! We pulled over to a place on base so the kids could eat without us having to climb around every bite. Came home and played t-ball with the "new" t-ball stand we found on the side of the road on the way home. In think we will have two little players next year! Missed the sign up for this year.

It has been a great weekend and I'd add photos, but they just downloaded and there are about 400. No lie. I'll add them later. Hope you had a great weekend as well!!!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.