Vacation Pics

Here are the photos from our little trip to the beach in AL with Mimi and Papa John. We were so thankful that they let us come crash their vacation and hang out with them. I've already told you that we had fun, so I'm just going to get a move on.

Wednesday we left and met them at the Bass Pro Shop and had lunch. It was yummy!! If you ever make it to the that one (Ft. Morgan/Daphne/etc. area) you must go. Then we drove over to see the battle ship in Mobile Bay. The kids had a great time running all over the ship and insisted on climbing the stairs alone. Yeah, I'm not sure if it was threats or promises of ice cream that got them to slow down and hold our hands, but one of them finally worked.

Lisa and I doing what we do best when we are together.... making the guys wish they were with someone else!


Papa John, the kids and I forcing a photo at the front of the ship. Brandon and his mom were taking photos and that's the only reason adults made it in any of these photos.


Sophie trying to climb over the chain attached to the anchor.

Christopher taking a turn at "firing the guns."


Don't mess with us. We're tough!


Hey Mimi and Papa John!! We'd split from them when climbing up and couldn't find them when we came back down. Thankfully they had walkie talkies and we turned around and found them.


We spent the next day at the beach and playing in the pool. Christopher had sores on his underarms from swimming so much. I haven't seen him have that much fun for that long in while. It was great! I was even more impressed with how Brandon and Papa John were able to keep up with him.


Our new little swimmer. Don't those eyes just make you melt? She had so much fun learning how to kick her feet and eventually would only hold onto one of your hands while in the water. I was a little worried b/c the first time we got in the water this year she wasn't liking it at all. Thankfully we got over that quickly.


The kids playing with Brandon. I was so glad they had a pool right outside the condo and that the water wasn't too cold b/c he had hurt his back before we left on our trip and was in a lot of pain. (Why he's not in any photos from the battle ship.) The pool really helped him feel better and made holding the kids no problem. Oh, and yes, I got in, but I don't show photos of me in a bathing suit on here.


These kids (yes 3 of them) played and played and played in the sand from the second we got on the beach to the minute we mentioned going to the pool. They even got me in there and I hate sand. Sophie was so funny b/c she eventually let me take her coverup off, but then realized it was the best thing to wipe her hands on and wanted it back. She was so prissy while digging! And she's not a prissy girl, which is what made it so funny.


Later that afternoon we went and ate at Lulu's, which is Jimmy Buffet's sister's restaurant and if you are ever in the area, it's also a must. But you have to go early, it's always busy (except when we went) but worth it. They have a massive sand pit for kids to play in and a volleyball court and a live band and no walls and it's right on the water so you can watch boats drive by. So yummy!!!


Me chasing the kids after dinner. They laughed and ran and played and slept like rocks that night. It was awesome!!

Thanks again to Mimi and PJ for letting us hang out. We had so much fun! Thanks for coming to hang out with us at our house too. We love you and can't wait to see you again!

3 comments:

Hi! This looks like a blast. Just found your blog...consider me a new fan/follower all the way from California. Your entire family is ADORABLE! Your daughter's hair... SOOOO cute! :o) Have a great week.

10:22 PM  

Your best pictures yet! Such cuteness. And, I love anyone who will try to annoy the men. I can totally relate to that.

7:51 AM  

Glad you had such a good time. It looks like a blast.

7:05 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.