Today I'm going to tackle the laundry and try to "clean" the house. Two jobs that are never officially done or even look like they've been done once you are finished. I'm also going to work on Christopher's attitude and Sophie's potty training. I have a LOT on my plate today. Here's what the kiddos are doing.
Christopher has already been in time out a couple times and had a few meetings with my hand. He has become very rude and disrespectful to me mostly, but also to other adults and well, everyone. So today we are dedicating ourselves to begin fixing that problem. I've had it up to as high as my hand can reach in the air of him yelling "NO!" at me and yelling orders at Sophie and saying, "I'm tiiiiiiired" when he doesn't want to do something. After about an hour of on and off fighting we are doing better and now he is playing Mater on the Wii while sitting on top of a pile of sheets that haven't been folded for a couple days.
Sophie has gone potty at least once each of the last three days without me asking her if she needed to go first. She just told me that she needed to go potty so we ran back there and had success. We cheered and clapped together and then got down. Put a sticker on our potty chart that came in the mail (along with coupons for the pulls ups I'd bought the day before - without a coupon) and then she said she needed to go poo poo. We grabbed some books and went and sat down. A little while later she yelled saying she needed more books. I got 3 more. Next thing I know she is in Christopher's room grabbing as many off the shelf as she can and needs help taking them back to the bathroom. Since I started writing this, she has given up and just wanted to bring the books in the den with the rest of us. But she sure was cute sitting there in "the library." (I love when she fixes her own hair! It always looks like this, but a different headband.)
Here's to hoping it's a good day and to knowing I don't have to fix dinner tonight b/c we have leftovers.
We've had some great company over for dinner the last two nights and it makes me very excited about the upcoming year and the new families moving here. I was very upset about our friends moving, but forgot for a little while how God always provides for us when in need. My friend Tiff that you hear about so much still has no clue where, when or if they are leaving. But if they end up having to leave us too, I'm glad that I will have friends here on base to spend time with. I thank God that He gave me the opportunity to live around the people we did and form the friendships we have. Next year it will be us moving, but I'm not going to think about that right now. I am however going to join the yard sale the ones who are moving will be having so I can go ahead and get rid of a lot of stuff. Brandon, just turn your head b/c I'm going to haul as much out there as I can! If we haven't used it in 6 years it's outta here!

man I love that Sophie!!
The Howell's said...
8:20 PM
They are too precious!
Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...
9:04 PM