MOPS crafts

I told you I would put photos of the crafts that we made at MOPS this year and here they are. The only one I didn't have a photo of was the ornaments that we made at Christmas. They were really cute, but mine is put away with the other ornaments. I'll tell you how we made them at the end of this post.

Along with the following crafts we try to do some service projects and this year we did Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes, we filled Easter bags (easier than baskets) for families in a neighborhood that a group from the church (SOS) provides supper for on Saturdays and we also made card kits for Kidslink Downrange, an organization that provides cards for children who have a parent deployed so they can stay in touch with each other.

I can't take credit for all of these crafts b/c I searched all summer for ideas and unfortunately I can't remember where I found them.

1) Magnetic note pad: use a 4x6 magnetic photo frame, slide a piece of scrapbook paper inside, add a ribbon for detail, glue a post-it pad on there and add a clip to the top to set your pen on. I forgot to put a pen on it for the photo and just didn't feel like going back to add it.



2) Fridge magnets: I found large glass gems (1.5" in diameter) online and ordered those along with magnets to make these. I tried regular scrapbook paper, but the magnet showed through once you glued them on, so I bought scrapbook card stock that was printed on both sides. I used E6000 glue to stick it all together.



3) Personalized soap bottle: use scrapbook paper, scrapbook scissors and modge podge to make this cute little addition to your kitchen sink. I got some stickers to put on there to make them more personal. I suggest using the glossy modge podge and make sure you paint a layer or two over the whole thing when you are done to make sure it is sealed nicely.


4) Photo albums: use those 4x6 flip books you can find at pretty much any store. Use scrapbook paper and some stickers to personalize it. I made a much cuter one, but couldn't find it so I made this one super quick to just show you an example. I thought Brandon might not appreciate all the flowers and stuff the other one had on it when he goes out of town.


For the Christmas ornaments here's what you need:

- 4" clear glass ornament
- scrapbook paper (suggest the kind that is printed on both sides)
- glitter
- those little table confetti things you sprinkle at parties - in a Christmas theme
- ribbon (about 18 " strips)
- Christmas raffia grass

Cut the scrapbook paper into 1/2" strips and wrap them around a pencil to curl them. Stick it in the ornament and then add the other stuff, except the ribbon. Place the ribbon through the little metal loop in the cap and tie it in a bow with a larger enough loop to hang it with. Here's the site where I got the idea, but they have different examples up now.

If you are interested and have a small MOPS group I have a ton of photos albums leftover and some ornaments as well. Actually, I got a good bit of everything left over and I'd be happy to sell it to anyone. We won't be making any of these next year. Just let me know! I hope I didn't bore all of you, but I remember last summer searching blog, after blog, after blog for ideas and thought that maybe I could help another craft leader out there somewhere. Or just a mom at home looking for something cheap, easy and quick to do!

3 comments:

Cute, cute stuff! Thanks for some fun ideas!!

6:03 PM  

Love the crafts. I am going to pass the ideas on to our coordinator. She will appreciate it.

7:04 PM  

HOW CUTE!!!! I LOVE the magnets

7:55 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.