needa getaway

I am ready to get out of town. We are going to the lake this weekend and I can't wait. The kids and I are frustrating each other. I'm not exactly sure what is behind all of it, but I think we are just on each other's nerves. And now they fight with each other. Like punching each other fight. So far it hasn't been hard enough to seriously hurt anyone, but still. They are either being rude, pulling on my clothes, won't stop when I tell them to (after saying it numerous times and getting louder), making dirty messes, WHINING when asked to do anything, rubbing all over my legs (which I find totally annoying by the way) or constantly at my feet. I feel like I have these tiny little yippy dogs at my feet that I'm trying not to step on, but they won't go away either.

Now I want to make clear that I do not find my children as annoying as tiny little yippy dogs, but they are just always at my feet. My poor husband wonders why I don't want to sit next to him, much less cuddle, at night. It's b/c Christopher has rubbed all feeling off of my legs and Sophie has tried to rip my clothes off, literally, or climbed all over me (whether I'm sitting or standing) ALL... D A Y... L O N G.

Did I ever tell you about the time I was ordering lunch at Chick-fil-a and Sophie grabbed hold of my jeans pocket and swung from it? Feet off the ground and moving side to side. Yes, and she's 35 lbs. How this old pair of jeans did not rip I will never know, but I am thankful for me and the poor young man that was taking my order that they didn't.

On the upside Sophie is going potty more often. She went about 3 times yesterday. Maybe this is why I'm so grumpy? I hate potty training. It means extra work on my part, but it's worth it in the long run. I hate diapers even more. Well, maybe not. I'll let you know. I think I'm just worried how long it will take. Everyone swears, "Oh little girls are easy!" or "It only takes a couple days to train little girls!" I have my doubts. Sophie's not very girly.

On the downside, Christopher has been mean to everyone and even got sent to time out at school for calling people names. This trait annoys me to no end and I don't know how to fix it other than putting duct tape over his mouth. He makes up words to call people names, he also uses stupid, poopy, ugly, bad and all sorts of other combinations. He is so mean to his friend William that I don't even want to get together with them sometimes b/c I don't want to deal with the way he acts.

Surely there will be an upside to this weekend. Mostly b/c my family is all going to the lake and it always makes me happier when I'm with family. It will be difficult b/c Brandon is leaving this weekend to go on a 2 week mission trip to the Dominican and I always worry when he travels. I can handle being away from him for a few days, but the kids get grumpier when the "fun" parent is gone. I just have those fears that something will happen and we aren't even in the same country. Thankfully the kids keep me busy enough I don't have time to think about it. Now I feel bad b/c I sent the kids to any room to play b/c I was tired of the crying and constant asking to build something with legos that I have no idea how to build (doesn't care that I just spent 30 minutes building 2 different trucks) and they are back there as happy as they can be reading books to each other.

Talk about guilt.

Love you kids!

Another upside.... when we get back the splash pad on base will finally be up and running again!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Why they wait until the last day of May... in FLORIDA... to turn sprinklers on I will never understand.)

4 comments:

We are so with you on the "mean to friends" and also the "Why the heck isn't the splash park open??" boats! Have a great time away! =)

4:39 PM  

Well I feel like I am reading my autobiography that a ghost writer wrote for me:)
As for the potty words, Hunter and Drake started saying poop everything...I started putting soap in their mouths and after 2 times it worked. Another friend of mine uses vinegar for whining and bad words and that worked too. You just have to be consistent...good luck!

4:44 PM  

Nicholas is now in the copying stage. He will repeat anything I say which is very annoying. Both boys also like to use poopy. Fun times. At least we are all dealing with it. We should call and talk more often. I have a friend who uses tobasco sauce. Might have to give that a try sometime.

8:48 PM  

I feel your pain! And what's up with them wanting to be in the bathroom while you're going?? My kids will run in and bring toys! Then complain that "It's stinky in here!" Drives me nuts. Same with showers and all other personal activities. I keep hearing that someday they'll be grown and I'll be wishing they were little again and in there with me. All I can say to that is, "Try me!"

9:18 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.