Best Week Ever

VH1 has a show that I love called "Best Week Ever." They talk about the funny and crazy things that happened in entertainment that week as told by comedians. I think it's hilarious! We had a very good week at our house, so I thought I'd share some of what happened. I don't have photos of everything, but in my defense, I knew that I'd miss the moments if I ran inside to grab the camera.

Monday morning Christopher wanted to ride on his tractor, surprise! It was really nice out so I didn't mind. He rode around for a while and Sophie was in the swing, so I thought I'd put him to work. I had a bag of mulch that needed to move from the front yard to the back and I asked him to come help me. He was more than willing to haul some "dirt" in his trailor! He wanted to keep some in his trailor, so not all the mulch ended up where I wanted it to, but that's fine. He's happy and so am I.



For some reason, Sophie is always trying to put Christopher's underwear on her head. Whenever we put it on there she starts snorting and laughing. She was trying to put his pj bottoms on her head the other night so we helped her out and Christopher ran to grab another pair for his head. We still had our tree in it's box b/c we weren't able to move it yet (due to Bran's surgery) and they chased each other around it for like 20 minutes laughing their little heads off. It was great! The next two days Christopher would come up to us saying, "Me and Sophie be silly around the box!" We finally put the tree away last night, but that didn't stop them from trying.



Sophie went poo poo in the potty! Yes, our 11 1/2 month old pooped in the potty. Christopher is not at all interested in doing this, so I have a lot of poopy underwear to wash. After dinner the other night, Sophie was trying to go #2 while sitting in her booster seat and well, there's not a whole lot of room down there to add anything else when you are strapped down, so we thought we'd just put her on the potty and see what happened. She pooped! Yup! We'd heard of people potty training babies, but never thought we'd try it ourselves. The best part was, Christopher wanted to try. No luck, but at least he tried.

As you learned from our previous post, Pillow Island has become a part of our lives now. It lasted all day the other day b/c I didn't really care to put it away. I knew it was free entertainment and I was out of ideas, so it stayed. Christopher loves to stand on the chair and fall into the middle of it. Sophie climbs on top, gets on her knees, puts her hands in the air and falls over laughing. It's adorable! After we put Sophie to bed Christopher trying climbing up on the arm of the couch and diving off. Thankfully he hasn't tried that anymore. It was a special treat for that point in time.

One morning I walked in to see Christopher had colored on my rug in the kitchen. He said he wanted to make it pretty for me. I really appreciated the thought b/c it IS very boring. It was meant to go somewhere else and didn't work, so I just stuck it in the kitchen b/c it fit and was inexpensive and I didn't feel like dragging the kids all over town looking for a new one. Thank goodness for washable markers and indoor/outdoor rugs!


On Thursday after naps, we heard the diggers tearing more houses down and Christopher wanted to go check it out. He rode his bike and I put Sophie in the stroller and we walked a few blocks over and got front row seats to the show. I think we spent an hour over there. It was great! We saw an excavator tear a house down, pick up the trash and load it in dump trucks and a material handler. Christopher even got to pee on a tree, which was very exciting for him. Sophie got into it as well and started yelling at the trucks as they drove by. We went home and had Spiderman mac and cheese and Sophie really liked it, as you can see below. She wouldn't let me help feed her, which is fine. She found another way to get what was at the bottom of the bowl!


Friday, Christopher had MDO and didn't wet his pants the whole time. I was so proud! Sophie and I ran a few errands and had some great Mommy/daughter time. She was in the best mood all day. We went to Chick-fil-A for lunch and she just laughed and ate and tried to talk to the other babies that were there. She always seems to draw attention to herself, which I don't mind. I think she's pretty funny too!

Saturday, Brandon decided to wash the cars. They needed it really bad, so I was excited about this. Christopher always wants to help b/c water is involved. About halfway through the process he got distracted with the puddles that had formed. We didn't have anything to do later, so we didn't care. Sophie woke up from her nap a little while later and once she realized what was going on she wanted to join in. I took her pants off and let her walk around a little. The water was freezing, but they didn't care. Before we knew it, she was crawling around in it. Sort of. She wouldn't put her knees down and walked on her hands and feet like a monkey. It was too funny! They had so much fun, but once Christopher started shivering we took them inside for baths.






It has been a really great week! For that I'm incredibly thankful!

3 comments:

That does sounds like a fun week y'all had!!! I love hearing and seeing all that y'all are up too...I wish we lived closer so we could see it all in person more!
Hopefully Sophie can keep up the pooping in the potty! How aweseome would that be to have a potty trained 1 yr old!!! AMAZING!!!!

2:14 PM  

Yeah, are you going to keep trying to get Sophie on the potty??? That would be impressive seeing as I can't even get Nicholas to go yet.

3:36 PM  

Hahaha!!! Yeah, I tried again later and she just wanted to play. I'm not going to keep at it. I just want to get Christopher to go willingly first!

4:42 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.