We have been trying to teach Sophie sign language. We did a little of this with Christopher and it was fun, so we thought we'd try again. It's funny b/c "milk" is the first one we tried to teach Christopher, but the last one he picked up. We tried it with Sophie and within minutes she got it. (Probably b/c it has to do with food.) I thought "more" (point finger into other hand which is open) would be a good one to teach next, but she kind of claps so you never know if she's just excited or actually wants more. Maybe both. I tried to teach her "please" (pat your chest) the other day while she was in her booster seat and I could tell she couldn't quite figure it out. Later when we were on the floor I tried again and she actually crawled over to me and pat me on the chest instead of herself. I laughed so hard! No wonder she was confused before, she couldn't get to me to say it! Every now and then she'll get it, but if you are holding her and ask her to say "please" she pats your chest instead of her own. Tonight I was reading her a book and I thought she'd lost interest so I closed it when we finished. I was speechless when she opened it back up and started signing "please."

Love all your recent posts. Poop in the potty, the cute tractor..need to get one for Cooper and the jumping on the pillows---how FUNNY! I am happy I can keep up with all you.
The Rouse Family said...
7:59 AM
How fun. We're doing that as well, but she can really only do "eat." I think I have been spending too much time on bye-bye" and "blow kisses" to worry about please and thank you, but I think I need to start. Sophie is a smart girl!
Lauren W said...
8:48 AM
such a smart little girl!!
The Howell's said...
9:52 AM