Brandon and I were talking in the kitchen at lunch time today and Sophie was playing with the phone. She'd push the talk button and hold it up to her ear saying, "Hi." It was really cute so we just let her keep doing it. If I saw she pushed some buttons I'd hang it up and let her keep playing. I heard a voice on the other end of the phone, so I picked it up thinking it was the operator telling you to hang up and try again. It wasn't. I glanced down as I was hanging it up again and saw she had dialed 9114683. Yup, you saw that correctly, the first three numbers were 9-1-1. I couldn't believe it and set the phone on the counter hoping nobody actually picked up b/c she dialed them too quickly for it to register. I was wrong. The phone rings and it's the 911 operator asking if everything is ok. He starts asking where we live and our names and other info. As a precaution they have to send a patrol car out to the house just to make sure. Yup, the base patrol shows up a few minutes later and he laughs when he finds out what has happened. I am completely embarrassed and tell him thank you for being concerned. I'll be more careful next time she wants to talk on the phone.

HA! That is so funny!! Sounds like we need to get her a play phone!
The Howell's said...
4:38 PM
That's hysterical!!!
Erin said...
8:14 AM