Sophie and I went to the commissary (on base grocery store for those unfamiliar with military, like I was until 6 months ago when we moved on base) to grab a few things and it took forever! Never go to there during lunch hour. I had to wait forever to check out of the quick, self-checkout lane. Thankfully I didn't have much to pick up b/c Sophie, our little climber figured out how to get out of the seat belt while it was still buckle between her legs and wanted to stand up the rest of the way. This was fine while we waited to check out, but once it was our turn it became a problem b/c I was at the back of the cart and she was at the front. The woman running this area even tried to come help, but Sophie yelled at her and scared her away. So, I just picked her up and set her in the big part of the grocery cart thinking she was trapped. I'm stupid b/c she immediately stood up, put one foot on the 12 pack of Cokes and threw the other leg over the side and started to climb out. Thankfully I caught her before her butt went too far over sending her straight to the floor, but this just made her mad. My older brother was known for being a daredevil climber at a very young age. I loved hearing the stories, thankful that my son didn't scare me like this, never thought my daughter would.
Before I end this second post of the day (I know, I can't believe it either) I have to share with you my ultimate deal of the week. Remember my post about all the baby and maternity items that I dropped off at the consignment store? Well, apparently some of them sold! I went by there to pick up some things that couldn't be sold, not knowing that I'd actually made some money and so I thought I'd look around a little. I had $18 and some change credit plus, everything was 40% off. I ended up having to pay $3.64 and here's what I got:
An apron for Christopher, a dress and skirt (pink and white stripe) for Sophie, What To Expect With a Toddler (had very detailed potty instructions) and a gift for my sister who's expecting her first in July. I was quite pleased!

Oh my goodness. Joshua did the same thing to me at Target yesterday. He kept twisting around right out of the seatbelt. We weren't there that long thankfully, but geez, makes errands difficult.
The Khans said...
7:56 PM
I didn't know Jennifer was expecting! That's so exciting. Please give her my best. I still remember her when she was basically a baby! I looked at her blog and she is just beautiful.
Erin said...
3:21 PM