My birthday is coming up and this past weekend my husband told me that he knows what he wants to get me, that it's kind of expensive and he knows I would love it. Since our budget is usually about $30 (we're cheap, I know) and I hadn't even told him what I wanted I was extremely curious what he'd come up with. Last night as we were going to bed he told me what it was, new flat iron. The only reason he did was b/c he saw the one I currently own sitting out and was wondering where it came from. That alone should tell you how much I've actually fixed my hair in the last year+ b/c I've had it for years and hate it. It's a cheap one and all that I could afford, so it had to make do. I've never been much of a makeup/hair/jewelry/clothes person, but I'm trying to work on it since I'm now a mother of two and can't pull off the college look anymore. (Finally having a paycheck helps too!) Now, my hair has always given me trouble. The top half is straight, the bottom half is curly (and not the pretty kind) and all of it is frizzy!! Living in FL does not help it either. Back at Christmas, I borrowed my sister-in-law's Chi flat iron and fell in love. My hair was so smooth and silky and not frizzy. And it stayed that way for 3 days! (Please don't be grossed out, remember I am a mom of 2 and bathing is a luxury!) It always felt that way when I'd leave the salon, but I figured it was the stuff they put on my hair, which I'm sure helped too. I didn't realize Brandon was even in the room when I talked about how much I loved it, but apparently he was b/c he told me last night that when he heard me saying this he thought he'd store that info for my birthday. He continues to tell me that he has spent quite a bit of time researching flat irons to find out more about them so he can get the best one. He goes on about the metals that are typically used, the brands and the pluses and minuses of each, the temperatures they'll reach, and on and on. My mouth hit the floor. What man would take the time to research a hair product for his wife??????? I fell in love with him all over again. He knew WAY more than I did about all of this. The only reason he told me was b/c when he saw the one I had sitting out he was afraid he'd have to come up with another idea. The funny thing is, this is the only thing I wanted for my birthday and was just going to use whatever money I got to buy it! Do I have the sweetest husband in the world or what? I love him!!

That is sooo Brandon. I can just see him researching on the computer now. How sweet of him. Glad he paid attention to what you said and get the gift you really want, even if some might think it is boring. Oh and by the way I keep forgetting to tell you that I loved the curls you had on Sat. Guess I should get busy thinking of a gift for Burt :-0 Only a week left for me.
The Khans said...
2:13 PM
50 points for him.
I've never heard of a man researching a flat iron, but I fully support it.
Mine just fussed at how much I had paid for mine. But, like you said, it's a Chi and it's FABULOUS.
Great to see you here. Your kids are ADORABLE! And I realized that we both know Wesley Reynolds - he and Spencer grew up together and my in-laws and his family are still great friends. His sister, Paige, was a bridesmaid in my wedding.
Talk to you soon!
Robyn Davidson
3girlsmom said...
1:45 PM
Oh girl, I have a Chi and I love it!!! You can also get this Chi straightening gel that is amazing. But look on ebay. It's a lot cheaper there. And for what it's worth- you can pull off a pony tail and sweats better than anyone I know and still look fabulous while doing it.
Lauren W said...
11:08 PM