Crazy girl!

I don't know if I've talked about what a climber Sophie is or not, but she is insane! She makes you think she wants to sit in your lap, but really she wants to climb onto the side table or over the back of the couch onto the window ledge. She will climb up onto Christopher's PBK chair to get to the big chair to grab the tree and try to pull it over. The other day at the store I had her buckled in the front of the cart and this one had a strap between the legs that snapped to a strap on either side. She got out of it. She also was able to climb up on the chair outside that is used to get onto the trampoline. Now don't panic, she couldn't get onto the trampoline and the only reason she got onto the chair was b/c the legs are dug into the ground to prevent it from tipping over. Last Saturday night we were watching our friends' kids while they had a date night (we went the night before) and found Sophie on the top shelf of the little cabinet in the kitchen.



This morning I was doing the dishes and caught her and Christopher using her new chair (Land of Nod, I love it!!!) to climb over the side of the couch over and over again. (They didn't know I was taking their pic, they both just happened to turn around at the same time.)


Then this afternoon we were at Walmart and I strapped her into the seat, but she kept trying to turn around to see Christopher. I thought I'd try putting the two of them in the big area, but once we got to the food section she kept trying to open everything so she had to go back to her seat. We are almost done shopping and she's trying to turn around again and making some progress. She is now facing backwards, on her knees and suddenly flips over the back of the seat and is hanging upside down still strapped in, legs kicking in the air!!!!! A teenage girl came over to see if I needed some help b/c I was having a hard time unhooking Sophie, but was more mad than anything. How horrible of a mother must I have looked? Thankfully the girl's mother said her daughter was the same way when she was a child. I had to carry her the rest of the shopping trip, which wasn't easy b/c she didn't want to sit still. I finally had to put her back in the seat and pull the strap as tight as it would go. Next time I can't forget my cart cover. It's the only way to contain her. Tie he down in every direction.

2 comments:

I hear you Brittny. Joshua and Sophie are going to get in lots of trouble this weekend I can tell. They will be in cahoots with each other.

12:58 PM  

Hey Girl--I have been bad about catching up...for food ideas, we have been in the same boat. Ours do love mandarian oranges too. We do deli turkey, oatmeal, lite pears, yogurt, cheese toast, applesauce, bananas (lately with PB on it), sweet potato fries. Hardly any veggies though. I did get butter beans down them the other night. We are still working on those but they did eat cream corn the other night. Christpher has gotten so big and a big Happy birthday to Miss Priss. I can not believe she is one. WOW--how time flies.

6:51 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.