Busy times

Here are some photos taken recently. Sorry that it's been so long since I've put any on here, but Brandon's computer downloads them much, much faster than mine does and his has been acting up lately. I thought I'd give it a good rest before overloading it!


Our next door neighbors are moving this summer and needed to get rid of bedroom furniture. We really wanted a double bed for Christopher's room so our company doesn't have to sleep on the floor or the air mattress. Which really, they are great to have, but how comfortable are they for 3 nights? We bought all of this, including a head/foot board for the bed, the mirror that goes on top of this piece is behind it and the mattress/boxspring for $200!!! I laughed when Brandon asked me if that was a good deal. My poor sweet husband! He doesn't get out much. (I love him!)


I'm excited b/c I now have a new project. I'm going to paint them that wonderful creamy white that I used on the china cabinet (b/c I have most of a gallon left, why buy more?) and we'll put it in our room. My MIL gave us some antique furniture, but it's missing handles and we can't open the drawers so they have got to go. You can only stand piles of clothes on the floor for so long before you start to go crazy. I'm not sure when I'll tackle this, but hopefully soon.


Here is Christopher in front of his new big, big boy bed. I got the same sheets he had before, but the cover that actually went with it this time. He loves it! Of course now he thinks he doesn't need to sleep, ever, thanks to giving up the pacifier, so the excitement is gone. Friday night he wanted to sleep in our bed and we told him that we'd sleep in his bed b/c "it was so great and so comfy." Backfired b/c he said ok. So we swapped pillows and Brandon and I slept in his bed. It was kind of fun to have glowing stars on the ceiling and crazy sheets! Yesterday we were cleaning out the storage rooms to figure out where to put the head/foot board we'd bought and the maintenance guy came by to fix something, thought we were selling stuff and he bought the bed and the side table! We didn't have room for them in the shed, so off it went!



Here's Sophie hiding behind a curtain on one of the 3 rainy days we had. I wish terribly the video camera was charged b/c I didn't know she'd gone back here until I heard her laughing. I was so tickled I started asking where Sophie went, she'd laugh, I crept closer to her, she's laugh harder. It was adorable!!!! She's a really funny kid and it's so refreshing!




While Sophie was napping and it was pouring I pulled out the Moon Sand that Christopher got at his b'day party and let him go for it. He loved it! I came back in at one point and saw he had run and grabbed several of his trucks to make it more fun. He had a blast!




After naps on one of the rainy days, they all run together, we had movie time. The twin mattress was on the floor in the den for days and the kids loved it. They curled up together and enjoyed popcorn while watching a movie. We watched way too much tv those days, but we ran out of things to do. Thank goodness the sun finally came out!





One afternoon when the rain stopped Christopher had to run jump in the puddle in our driveway. Brandon is always willing to do this b/c he enjoys it almost as much as his son!


Then we tried riding our bike through it. Even went around the block to find puddles to ride in.


Then we decided to jump some more. He thinks this is why it rains. What 3 year old wouldn't?



While cleaning out the shed on Sunday I finally gathered the rest of the baby items I needed to get rid of. The three bags are baby boy clothes I don't need anymore. Now that we know Aunt Jenny is having a girl I got rid of them. It was really, REALLY hard to pack these up, but I pulled up my favorite things I just couldn't get rid of.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.