Monday, Monday...

Yesterday was not the best day we've ever had. I could go on and on, but I'll try to keep it short. Let's just say that I never got out of my pj's until almost 5:00 in the afternoon and the only reason I did was b/c Christopher really wanted us to go on a family walk to see the diggers.

The kids were up by 6:30 and I think it was b/c they couldn't wait to see their daddy. After he left for work was when everything started to fall apart. Since Christopher never napped the day before I knew he was going to have a tough day. I could not seem to wake up for anything, my soda wasn't helping at all. Sophie went down for a nap around 8:30 and I crashed on the couch after setting Christopher up at the computer watching the Disney on Ice video I found. Of course he kept messing up the mouse every time so I had to keep getting up to help him. Then Sophie wakes up. The kids start fighting again and I say it's time to start baking some cookies, thinking that would help. I was wrong. The kids were excited, but then Christopher started melting faster than chocolate chips he was eating. He was grabbing them by the handfuls and Sophie kept falling off her little step stool b/c she was grabbing her chips with both hands.



I take the chips away from C-man, so he finds the little candy bars next to him and eats two of them. I take the next two away from him and he gets so mad he starts hitting me. We quickly go to time out. I know he's truly exhausted so I'm not that mad at him, but he still needs to be punished.

I finish making the cookie dough and make lunch for the kids, which Chrisotpher doesn't want and I realize we just need to take a nap. It's only 11:30. Sophie and I play for a few hours and then I put her down for a nap too. I finally get to crash on the couch and get about an hour nap before Christopher wakes up. I hear him, but don't really care what he gets into at this point. I hear him in the play kitchen and making some noises. After a while he comes over to me to show me what he's been up to. I'd left our return address stamp out and he'd covered both hands with it. No big deal, we just wiped it off and laughed. Sophie wakes up and I tell them it's time for some cookies. I put them up on the counter and Christopher finds the jar of chicken boullion cubes and tells me he wants one. I keep telling him what it's for and that you don't eat it. He still says he wants it so I let him. He always changes his mind when it comes to trying new things. Not this time.
He takes a few licks and says he likes it. Then when I turn my head he puts it in his mouth and bites down.


Don't worry he spit it all out. It was pretty funny!! We put our cookies in the oven and go play until they are ready.

Sophie sneaking over to her stepstool to wait for her cookies. She LOVES sweets!!


Christopher making funny faces for the camera. (Yes, he is still wearing his pj's too.)


My beautiful tulips that my parents got me for my birthday finally bloomed.


The kids enjoying their cookies. I did too. It was a much better afternoon than morning.


Brandon came home early and just in time b/c C-man wanted to go for a family walk. First they went to dig out back and they had to much fun. Christopher took Sophie for a ride in his tractor.


There was still one excavator working when we got there, which was perfect b/c they kids were so excited to watch it. Sophie actually now has a word for anything digger/truck related and it's "duh" and sounds like she's trying to say "duck." We think that dump is the closest sound she can make right now, but what's funny is everytime she see one in a book or outside she starts shouting, "duh! duh! duh!" and pointing while trying to get Christopher's attention. It's so cute! We ended up having a good evening and put the kids to bed early.

3 comments:

I saw these yesterday in a magazine and thought of you...http://www.flyingpeas.com/ce-utensils.html. :)

4:13 AM  

those are awesome!!!! thanks lori!!! if they weren't $20 i'd get them!

1:54 PM  

I know! I about fell out when I found out how much they were! They would be a great gift from a grandparent who knew how much he would love them! ;) WINK!

6:04 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.