Need help, part 2

Brandon and I got our tax refund and have been trying to figure out what to do with the money. Obviously most of it will go to pay bills, loans and into savings, but we got enough that we could have a little "play money" for each of us. I've been going over and over (and over) in my mind what I would do with that money. New drapes for the house, something new for our bedroom, new clothes, new shoes (ahhh!!!!) or stuff for the kids. I finally decided that I want my own little "pocket" camera. We have a SLR, but it's not something I can just toss in my purse and take with me. I feel like I miss so many moments b/c I can't carry 2 kids, a purse/diaper bag and the huge sling/backpack camera bag we have. Sooo, this is where you come in, please give me suggestions on cameras. I want to hear the good and the bad. If you have one you hate I want to know those as much as the ones you love. The only requirements I have are that I can fit it in my purse without me feeling it and that it doesn't have a delay. You know the kind where once it finally takes a photo and the moment is way over? That's how our old little camera was and it drove me crazy! We don't get Consumer Reports (my fav!) anymore and so I can't just go there. If you can and happen to come across what they recommend, let me know! I look forward to hearing what you have to say!

5 comments:

Hey girl! Of course I have to chime in! :) I have always had to have a "diaper bag camera" too because I agree that the SLR is just to big to have handy for EVERYTHING. I am torn on what to tell you though. I currently am using a Canon S5 Pro IS (well the latest version is the Canon SX10) which is a little larger than a pocket camera but smaller than an SLR. It has a great zoom, takes nice video (all the vidoes on my blog actually), and is fast shooting (if you are not using the flash). With flash shooting it is a little slow because it has to lock focus and recycle the flash at times. I think you will find that with pretty much all cameras however. As far as a pocket-sized camera I have always loved the Fuji F series cameras (latest version is F100fd). I've had the F10 and F30 and absolutely loved them. I still have my F30 today and it stays in my purse. My SIL has the F40. The later versions have Face Detection technology which is very nice in helping get a better exposure. These cameras are very fast to shoot and WONDERFUL in low light situations meaning that you can take more pictures indoors without harsh flash. Definitely worth checking into! Hope that helps!! :)

4:17 AM  

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!! Thanks! I will check those out.

8:03 AM  

I have been thinking about a "purse" camera for a long time now too. I miss having the video capability to send to family ever since our little camera broke. Don't know what we are getting back in taxes, but I might just be using this info too.

1:57 PM  

All I have to say is DO NOT get the Sony Cybershot!! It's terrible!! I haven't read all of these comments but do see one about a Fuji, I had a Fuji as one of my first digital cameras and loved it. We also have one at work, and it's not even a fancy one, probably the cheapest one there is and it's great compared to my Sony!

10:14 PM  

I'm a canon girl. I've been through so many Canon elph cameras. It's what I use to video for my blog, and it's cords are compatible with my SLR.

Though, point and shoots have gotten SO good and inexpensive these days. They now have ones that will smooth out your skin and adjust tones within the camera after it takes the pic!!! Amazing how technology can be!

Good luck..it's definitely nice to have a p&s...it stays in my purse ALL the time!

7:31 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.