We had Christopher's birthday party this weekend and it was so much fun! The Khans came in town Thursday night and the boys were too excited to sleep. They played all day on Friday and Grammie and Pop arrived later that afternoon. Mimi and Papa John came Saturday morning and it had been raining since we woke up. Thankfully it held off long enough for the party to happen and the kids had a great time! We grilled burgers that night at our house and the Ramages joined us and we finally called it a night after a round of pillow island. We played Sunday morning and then the Khans headed home. It was a great weekend and we'd do it all over again in a minute!
Here are the "babes" having lunch together. They were so cute together! Joshua is precious and is always smiling and seeing what he can get into. Nothing intimidates him. It's really cute!

Here are the "big boys" playing trains together. Nicholas LOVES Thomas the Train and that was the first thing he started talking about when he found out they were coming. We pulled it out into the main room so they'd have room to sleep in Christopher's room. It was nice too b/c we could see them playing.
I had to do this...
And leave this...
To protect this...

Christopher's birthday cake. Mimi bought him the mold last year, but I'd just had Sophie so I wasn't about to decorate any cake for anyone. I used the chocolate icing recipe and the vanilla one I made for Sophie's cake. It was so yummy!!!

The three musketeers on the tire swing. These boys were so funny together! They would play together and then fight together all within the same breath. They could not have had more fun though!

Little Miss Sophie with Grammie. She had so much fun now that she's walking everywhere. She and Grammie were great buddies.

Christopher's party shirt. Grammie found this for me. I can't find anything John Deere in Florida. Guess it's not considered a "red-neck" state.

Mimi and Papa John walked over to the fire station by the park to see if they would make an appearance at the party. The guys were happy to and the kids loved it! Christopher is so funny b/c he gets SO excited when he sees big trucks, but won't move or say anything once he's close to them. He wouldn't get on the truck (I know a lot of it was due to lack of sleep), but the other kids had no problem.

Family photo for the day. The kids really were excited, they just don't look like it.

Sophie proud of herself and very happy to be with her daddy. (She
adores him!!!)

Christopher opening his presents. He got lots of digger stuff and wanted to stop and play with each gift as he opened it. He got mad when we made him keep opening, but can you imagine how long it would take if we did?

Blowing out the candle on his tractor cake.

Sophie enjoying her cake with her daddy. She
LOVES her sweets!!!!

Christopher never had any cake. He didn't really care for any. He just wanted to play with his new toys. The rest of us enjoyed it for him!

Eventually he moved back to the playground and dug in the sand with Papa John and Pop.

Here's the party kids all lined up in a row. How cute are they?

It started to pour after naps and Christopher and Brandon had to go jump in the puddles. The little ones just tried to watch them the best they could. Sophie was yelling at them the whole time and I finally let her go out there, thinking it would help cure her fear of the shower, it didn't.

Burt, Brandon and Christopher running, jumping and splashing around. It was cold!!! We still don't know how they stood it!

Nicholas enjoying pillow island. I PROMISE he's not as high as he looks!!! He just loves to kick while "flying" and Brandon was lying on the ground to take his picture. Our ceilings are low and there is a fan with a nice 70's bowl on it, so the kids didn't go high, it just looks like it.

The boys trying to keep the leftover balloons in the air. They had more fun hitting these things around!! It was funny!
Looks like so much fun! The cake looks awesome! Good job!!! And I love the picture of Brandon and Sophie on the fire truck-that's a framer!!
The Howell's said...
10:12 AM
Okay, I have no idea how I missed so many posts...but the pictures are awesome and I am waaaay impressed with your cake! I may have to pay you to come make one for the boys bdays in Sept!!!! I cannot wait to see Sophie i person, she has changed so much since Christmas! She and I need some bonding time:)
love y'all!
Caroline Armstrong said...
12:41 PM
What a fun party!! I love the pictures, especially of the pillow adventures mid-air, you all are good photographers and the cake looks so professional!
Cindy
Cindy said...
6:26 PM
The pictures are great! I'm glad Christopher had so much fun on his party weekend.
Jarrell Family said...
9:04 AM