Today's the day we are getting rid of Christopher's pacifier. I've been looking forward to this and dreading it at the same time. I've looked around for different ideas of how to go about handling it and hopefully it's the right one.
Last night he was still awake at 11:00 and came to get me, so he's not in the best mood today and kind of cranky, which is either going to work to my advantage or against it. I'm hoping he'll be so exhausted that he won't cry as long as I think he will. This morning we put them in an envelope (he starts to get teary) and wrote a letter to the Pacifairy to tell her to give them to a baby that needs them more than he does. And I've told him that doing this makes her so happy that she gives you a toy to say thank you. I bought a little cast iron backhoe, since his bigger plastic broke beyond repair and plan to stick it in the mailbox for him to find when he wakes up. Unfortunately he's not up for napping without and is playing trains in his room with the lights off. I'll let you know how it goes! Hey, if anything he'll just go to bed early tonight. Right???

WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!!!!! I think that sounds awesome(I may have to suse your idea when we turn 3). I wish I had pacies to mail to the pacifairy and get a present in return...
Caroline Armstrong said...
2:35 PM
Pacifairy?! Great idea! Good luck!
The Howell's said...
10:02 PM