A friend of mine from church emailed everyone to ask us to pray for her brother-in-law. He is in Afghanistan and yesterday after a routine patrol his vehicle ran over an IED. The explosion left both of his legs severely injured and he has a spinal fracture. They have spoke to him and he is being cared for, in stable condition and will be moving to Germany and so forth for further treatment.
My friend is a wonderful and gentle and sweet woman and I am so blessed to have come to know her through S.S., Bible study and MOPS. I ask that you please pray for this man and his family as they are going through this challenging time. I can only imagine how they must be feeling right now. I know they will be strong and rely on the Lord for whatever lies ahead, but that doesn't mean they need any less prayers sent up for them. There is also another mom I know through church who's husband just left for a year long deployment about a week ago. She has two children that he is home schooling right now and I know she could also use your prayers as well.
It makes me nervous for when the day comes that Brandon will have to leave us due to deployment, but that is still over a year away. But we signed up for this and it's part of our lives. It's been in the back of my mind because it seems so far off. Let's not forget to keep praying for those who are facing it now.

You got it, Brittny. I am praying. Please keep us posted. Love you.
Lauren W said...
11:30 PM
Lots of prayers coming. My brother served in Iraq several years ago, so I have a small idea of what they're going through. The unknown is so difficult.
starnes family said...
2:06 PM