Amazing deals

This is what we found Sophie doing the other night while cleaning up the dishes. Christopher thought it looked like fun and decided to join her. She has no fear. That scares me.


Yesterday the kids had mother's day out and I had to pass up lunch with the girls to do yard work. We were written up (twice. ouch!) and it had to be done. I am new to military life, but this is what it must be like to live in one of those neighborhoods where they measure your lawn and leave you dirty little notes telling you your grass is 1/4 inch too long. Even though I didn't think it looked that bad, it does look much better now. Any-hoo, I decided to grab my book and head up to the church and read while I waited for the kids to be finished with mother's day out and as I was driving I saw the pitiful strip mall that had two clearance places I'd been dying to check out. I haven't really been in a shopping mood, but thought I'd just see what they were like for the next time the mood hit me. Let's just say I hit the jackpot! Here's what I found:

The Halo sleepsacks were $6.99 a piece. They had five and I just bought all of them and figured whatever Jennifer didn't want she could give as a gift. I went to pay for it and they were 75% off of $6.99. That's right, I bought all 5 sleepsacks and a straw purse for Sophie for $9.53. Beat that! The cd's were a pack that I found at the Beall's outlet for $3.99. Christopher always ask for the truck/digger/tractor song and we have no idea what he's talking about. Now we will know. He loves them! They take basic kid songs and change the words to say "truck," "tractor," or "John Deere."


These dresses I bought a while ago for Sophie at Khol's but forgot to post about them. The gingham one is a Ralph Lauren and I fell in love with it! It was marked at $16.99, which is more than I like to pay for clothes, but it was so cute I was going to just bite the bullet since the other dress was only $3.99. Went to pay for it and found out the RL dress was around $4. Yup! I almost fainted. Did I mention it was originally $40? I can't wait for her to wear them next summer!

I'm not sure why this photo is sideways, but after I dropped the kids off Tuesday morning at MDO, I saw a sign on base saying the library was having a used book sale. I had time, so I went inside. The children's section was tiny, but I did find these books, plus three more that the kids hid somewhere. Asking price? $3.50 Oh, and I never got around to reading my book. But I'm going to keep it within reach for next time!

This is Brick's favorite spot in the house. I don't want him to get used to it, but he can't help it. He's eyeing all the squirrels and birds that are out in the front yard. At one point I had my legs under him and you could feel the tension in his body. It was hilarious! Thankfully he doesn't bark and freak out. He just stares at them planning his move if he can ever get out there to chase them. I did let him out the back door to go after a squirrel and he forgot about the screen porch and tried to run threw it to save time. I have no idea how he didn't tear it off the frame, but I'm glad he didn't. It's metal and sharp. Christopher put a hole in it with a golf club. We just don't want to pay to fix it.

2 comments:

So excited about the sleep sacks! Thanks! And Brick is too cute, sure seems a lot like two dogs I happen to know very well! Love you, see you soon

7:42 PM  

We moved or couch away from the wall so Scrubs could run behind it when we had our couch set up like your's. He loved it!

7:52 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.