This past week the kids and I went up to the Montgomery area to visit family and friends. I will go ahead and warn you, there are a lot of photos in this post. Our first stop was at the hospital to meet Anne Morgan. Jennifer was doing amazingly well and you would have never guessed she'd just had a baby the day before. Anne Morgan was so tiny and petite (even though she was bigger than both my kids), and definitely got her tall daddy's hands and feet. She is precious and the kids were so excited to see their new cousin. Christopher LOVES babies and you can see it on his face. He pulls his arms up and giggles with excitement! He runs away and then comes back, pulls his shoulders up, gives her a kiss, giggles, then looks at me for approval.
Sophie even went up and gave her a kiss too! All on her own. I was worried that she would get jealous and at times she did for about 10 seconds. I think she was just following Christopher's lead. Whatever works!
Sophie and Christopher loved going swimming with Grammie and I. I asked Christopher if I could take his photo as he was climbing up the ladder and he said, "I'm too busy jumping off the dock, Mommy." Well, ok then!
Thursday, Caroline, Hunter and Drake arrived and that night the boys were in charge of cutting Pop's hair. They lined up on the stepstool and each had a turn. Once they lost interest I finished it up. Sophie helped clean it all up off the floor.
Friday morning a dump truck arrived with a new batch of sand for the boys to dig in. (It's also for Mom and Dad to use later) The boys went nuts! Hunter was the only one brave enough to get a close up look at the truck.
Christopher was the farthest away. He was practically under the carport b/c he gets nervous when he sees trucks in action. Maybe it's b/c we've scared him about crossing the street. Who knows, but he won't go near one that's turned on.
Caroline brought the boys' plasma cars for them to ride with the one Grammie and Pop already have and they chased each other around the wall separating the kitchen and den area. This was not in the plans when the house was built, but it was a brilliant design as far as we are concerned! They chase each other for hours!
Sophie and Drake climbed up to play a little piano. They were really cute together!
Caroline and I were at the house alone with the kids on Friday and trying to come up with something to do that didn't involve us being outnumbered in the water. We pulled out the slip n' slide and tried to fill up the pool, but couldn't blow it up and there was no pump to be used. Aren't these the biggest hydrangea bushes you've ever seen? They are gorgeous!
Christopher and Drake climbed to the top of the sand pile. I left it zoomed out to get a shot of how big it was. They were orange after playing on it and had to be hosed off. Once the sand dries it will be cleaner to play in, but they didn't seem to care one bit.

Jennifer and Trey ended up surprising us on Friday afternoon with a visit at the lake and the boys wanted to go swimming in the lake. I'd already showered so Sophie and I stayed dry. She climbed up in the chair on the dock and said,"cheeeeese!" so I had to get a photo of it.
Jennifer and Trey ended up surprising us on Friday afternoon with a visit at the lake and the boys wanted to go swimming in the lake. I'd already showered so Sophie and I stayed dry. She climbed up in the chair on the dock and said,"cheeeeese!" so I had to get a photo of it.
Here's a photo of all the dogs and Christopher on the dock together. It's hard to tell, but there are 8 big dogs out here! Try playing fetch in the water with them and you'll be yelling for help two throws into it. But it's a blast!

Uncle Trey had no problem jumping in the water with the boys. He is such a fun uncle! Christopher loves him b/c he would throw him in the air and swim with him.
Here's the only photo I got of the four kids together. I don't even try to pose them b/c Christopher hates it and let's face it, that's a lost cause with this bunch! They'd rather be playing than taking a silly group photo for their Mom and Aunt B.

Uncle Trey had no problem jumping in the water with the boys. He is such a fun uncle! Christopher loves him b/c he would throw him in the air and swim with him.
Saturday we loaded up with Papa John and Nana to go to Cameron's 4th b'day party (Mimi was already there). We've never made it over to GA for our nieces' birthdays, so we thought we'd try to this time. The kids loved the water party and Christopher had a blast going down the blow up slide. Sophie wasn't so sure about it, so she just walked around watching everyone else.
She did, however, enjoy the ice cream cups that they had! She was determined to do it all by herself. That's my girl.

Here's the birthday girl! She's so sweet and we can't believe she's 4 already! I still remember when we went to see her after she was born. Time flies!

Sunday we went over to see the Khan family and everyone but Christopher (I told you!) was willing to sit for this. He's holding a toy sander.
Here's the birthday girl! She's so sweet and we can't believe she's 4 already! I still remember when we went to see her after she was born. Time flies!
Sunday we went over to see the Khan family and everyone but Christopher (I told you!) was willing to sit for this. He's holding a toy sander.
Sophie (Christopher too) was completely exhausted by the end of the week and so she just took blankie to every soft spot she could find and would lay there until she had to move. We finally put her down for a nap b/c we felt so bad for her.
It was a great week and Brick (we are sticking with Brick and not going to Pluto b/c he knows it and responds to it) met the entire family except for my brother. And that includes the four-legged cousins as well! Caroline and I are going back for a week in August and looking forward to it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.

Oh my goodness, Landon would have had a FIELD DAY on the sand pile!!
Ole Miss Mom said...
6:10 PM
So cute. I am glad we were able to get together. It was a lot of fun. Also, thanks for not posting a wedgie picture of Nicholas.:-) I better get busy updating our blog. I am way behind.
The Khans said...
9:18 PM