A day without Daddy

Brandon was on call yesterday and I was determined to make it a good and fun day with the kids. I originally wanted to go get breakfast and then go to Walmart, but it looked like it was going to rain, so we waited until lunch. If you are like me, you love buttermilk pancakes. But if you are also like me, you never have buttermilk on hand b/c it always goes bad before you use all of it. On a trip to my parents house, I learned about this

and I was thrilled to learn I could have buttermilk anytime I wanted. It has a recipe for buttermilk pancakes on the back, so we made that for breakfast along with bacon (which I have learned the oven is the best way to get perfectly crisp bacon). The kids did this while I was cooking breakfast, And then they did this when they ate it.


And Brick did this. He and Sophie are now buddies. Like with most of the buddies she has made, she prefers to bond over a meal.
After naps, we went to see Daddy and Christopher found the big rubberband ball Brandon made. He decided to bounce it and did this to my shirt thanks to the bloody nose he got.
We got his nose to stop bleeding and distracted the kids with a hole punch
Then we left so I could change and we could gt lunch and finally go to Walmart. The kids did this on the way home. It was great!



I showered and relaxed on the couch and when the kids woke up, we went in the backyard and did a little of this,

and a little of that.

We were sweaty and dirty, even though it really wasn't that hot out, so we went in for a bath. I saw that Dr. Doolittle was coming on tv and thought we'd have movie night. I recorded it and instead we watched Christopher's favorite show, Wipeout. But we still had this for supper,

and this for dessert.

You would have thought the kids had never had chocolate pudding b/c this is what they did when they ate it.


There isn't a bowl in front of Christopher for a reason. He saw Sophie's messy face and thought he'd try to do it one step further and clap it in his hands. This didn't go over well with me. I hate to say it, but I loathe Brandon being on call on Saturday. It's not one day you are out, but two b/c they have to sleep all day on Sunday to recover. And for some reason the kids know this b/c I swear I see little horns poking out of Christopher's head on these days. And it's not my attitude b/c I try very hard to make the day fun and special for them. Today my ears are literally ringing from all the yelling and squealing that has gone on the last 30 hours. He usually gets to sleep in the bed with me on nights Brandon is gone, but I had to kick him out last night b/c he wouldn't be quiet or still. I finally got everyone down for naps and I'm going to finish my lunch I started an hour ago and crash on the couch. I thank God that I know Him b/c He is the only one who can get me through these days. Sunday morning is the highlight of my weekend when Brandon's gone. I'm so thankful to have found a Sunday school class, after many years of not having one I could call home. I love my children, I do very much, but boy can they give you a headache! And the yelling and squealing was mostly from excitement, not from trantrums, so that's why this one is killer. My ears should be ringing from joy! But it still hurts.

3 comments:

Oh, Brit. I seriously get tired sometimes just reading your blog. You are a fabulous Mom. I admire you so much and think you are the most creative and energetic Mom that I know. And where do you buy that buttermilk? Does it stay in the pantry? I use buttermilk for my cornbread and it always goes bad. What a fabulous invention.

11:32 PM  

You give me waaay too much credit! You can find it at the grocery store on the aisle with the evaporated and sweetened condensed milk. It's awesome! I make biscuits with it all the time and finally got the brilliant idea to go ahead and mix up all the dry ingredients and put it tupperware in the fridge for next time so I don't have to pull everything out every time I want to make them. Just every other time.

12:27 PM  

You certainly had a busy day!! But what fun for your 2 kiddos...they are lucky to have a momma like you!!!

2:51 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.