Last week was hard b/c Brandon was working very long days and then was on call Saturday and had to sleep all day Sunday. We took the kids to a little beach area Sunday evening for a picnic supper and some swim time. They had a blast and loved having time to play with their Daddy again. I found out that afternoon that he was going to begin one of the worst rotations they have, the dreaded month at Sacred Heart in Pensacola. It's an hour drive and the hours are from 1-10 pm. You are probably thinking, "what's so bad? you get to spend the morning with them." Not so true. They usually have other patients to see here at the base hospital or paperwork to catch up on and they need to sleep in b/c they are driving home an hour after a long shift. So, for a month, we see Brandon for about an hour or two a day during the week. It hits Christopher the worst. He cries and whines b/c he wants his Daddy to wake up or to come home and play with him. It kills me, but what can you do? So, again, I thank God that I have such a wonderful place to take the children twice a week so we can have a break from each other and the frustration of our little situation. I don't want it to sound bad when I say that, I really DO thank God that we have found a place that we can trust to send the children and they can play with other kids their own age and learn new things. I know that others have it worse and that I signed up for it when I married someone who wanted to be a doctor, but that doesn't mean I'm happy about the situation I'm in all the time. Hey, I never ever claimed to be perfect.

When does he start the new rotation? We are coming down when Trey gets off work Friday. Let's get together on Saturday!! I think you said Brandon would be off then, right?
The Howell's said...
4:37 PM