Do you ever feel like your life is jam packed full of stuff going on? I feel like that's been my life since Christmas. It hasn't stopped. Typically in January there's nothing to do, right? Not this year. I've had more parties to attend than ever in my life! (It kind of feels like high school graduation all over again.)
There have been girls' nights, baby showers, company, MOPS, Bible study and Mother's Day Out. Wednesday is the only day we have been free and even those are taken up sometimes. Don't get me wrong I love being busy, and thankfully the kids have handled it well, but I'm kind of ready for a day with nothing to do.
Tonight, Brandon and I are going on a last minute double date with some friends. I am so thankful for wonderful friends who are willing to babysit with no real warning so this can happen. I can't remember the last time we went on a date too. I feel kind of bad because I sort of changed the plans. The guys (and maybe the wife too) wanted to see Avatar (again) in 3-D out in Destin. I've heard it's great and I'm sure it is, but I'm not one that can sit still in a movie theater for that long, late at night. After 1 1/2 hours I'm getting restless. SO, we are going to grab a quick dinner and see a different movie. Hopefully everyone will still enjoy it. (I feel really, really bad guys!!)
Now, as for why I wasn't totally up for it.... we are going to Mobile, AL for the day tomorrow. Leaving by 7:00 in the morning, if not earlier. It's not around the corner, so still kind of long for a day trip. And the day will be full. Full of fun and friends and some food thrown in too. Then Sunday afternoon I have another baby shower. I'm afraid that if I get into a dark room and have to sit still for 3 hours I will only be awake for 1 of them.
I'm writing about our weekend now because I'm afraid that I will not have the energy to do it next week. And we are busy every day next week. Except Wednesday. But I'm sure something will come up. Next week is going to start a bad rotation for Brandon so I'm trying to psych myself up for it. I try not to complain about his schedule because there's nothing I can do about it and there's no point in nagging him when this is what we chose. I fully support him and all he does. I have a problem with the kids when they are whiny and fussy and rude and tired and won't listen to me. But those days happen whether Brandon is home or not. I just want to be prepared so I don't whine, fuss, act rude, tired or ignore them. They don't deserve it! Ok, I'm going to try to drag these cute kiddos (who only 1 has napped for 30 min. today) inside so I can shower and feel like a wife instead of the hot momma Christopher calls me. (That always makes me laugh!)
Have a great weekend!!

I feel like that, too, this January. Surprisingly, there is a lot going on!
starnes family said...
12:07 PM