Where's this coming from?

It is so cold here! I think they were saying that it's the coldest the entire country has been in years and I believe it. Our highs this week are 40 degrees. At night, we are at 20. To some of you up north that may sound great compared to the negative temperatures that you are experiencing right now. They even said the "s" and "f" words this morning. "Sleet" and "flurries" on Friday afternoon are a possibility. (Maybe that crazy real estate agent we had here wasn't so crazy after all in talking about the kids sledding down the driveway.) But I wouldn't mind those temps if I had this to look at:

Views: 1,242 Downloads: 198 Added: 10.02.09 1000x1500 (505.4 KB)

But I don't. I have water to look at. With sand. And ugly, scary trees with no leaves. It looks beautiful and warm out, but it's not. And I can figure that out without even opening a door or a window b/c our house is freezing!

Have you ever been so cold in your own house that you wear thick socks and slippers to try to warm up your feet just a little? Have you ever wished that you hung on to all those granny panties you got rid of years ago? Or better yet, that you were a guy and had boxer briefs b/c then your bottom might not be cold? Do you look like a homeless person in your own home b/c you only wear your sweatpants and your husband's sweatshirts b/c they are bigger and cover more? Do you have to buy several gallons of milk at a time to keep up with your new hot cocoa habit? I do.

I try to stay in the middle of our house b/c it's the warmest part. If you go within a few feet of a window or door you will feel the coldness hitting you. I don't even open the door to the laundry room b/c the vent in there doesn't work. I've actually turned on the dryer to try to help warm up the room. And our bathroom.... doesn't even have a vent. Yup, you got it. You have to pee in the middle of the night and you will wish you just had on a diaper or a whole in your pants just so you don't have to pull your pants down. (Yes, I said that.) Our bathroom in our house in Huntsville was great! They placed the bathroom vent right over the toilet which made it nice and warm in the winter.

I'm off to play games with the kids. And maybe vacuum too. Maybe that will generate some extra heat in the house. Hope you all are staying warm!

2 comments:

Ha ha! I know exactly what you're saying! We don't have as many problems w/ heat in our house but I was doing laundry yesterday and it's in our new bathroom downstairs and FRIGID! I hate wearing shoes/socks in the house (you know that) and I just can't get warm! By the way, I haven't been further outside than opening our front door in two days! I have to say that I'm a little glad to read your post b/c I've been missing the beach lately!

10:36 AM  

lol. so true, so true. the sun makes it deceiving that's for sure. it is freezing!!!!

1:52 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.