Thank goodness for Karen!

I was given lots and lots of Karen Kingsbury books over Christmas. They were passed along from a friend's daughter. I've been trying to find a really good Christian author to read because the "real world" just wasn't cutting it for me anymore. They weren't bad books, they were good reads, but the characters just didn't live the life that a Christian tries to live.

My dear friend, Wendi, had written about the Christian author Karen Kingsbury on her blog and I thought I'd give it a try. I called my mom because I had a feeling she'd mention this name to me before and she had a few books. Problem was they were parts of a series and I wanted the whole thing if I was going to start down this journey. I was reading some Christmas books she had given me at the time, so I wasn't in any hurry.

Well, Christmas morning I started the first book in the firstborn series. I was hooked! I finally just had to set it down and promise I wouldn't pick it up until I got home the next day. It was family time after all. The next night as I climbed into bed I couldn't wait to pick it up again. I finished it within a week. I started the 2nd book and was done in 4 days. Finished the 3rd book in 3 days. Yesterday I finished the 4th book in 4 days. The funny thing is, I've never been a fast reader! Probably because the books I'd been reading really weren't as good as I thought they were. That and I'd only read at night, but these were so good I read at nap times too!

Yesterday I thought I was finishing the last book in the series, only to find out that there was one more and I'm left hanging now. I saw they have it at the Niceville library and plan to get it on Friday when I'm over there. I talked to Wendi to see if she had it and she didn't. Turns out there is a series that was written before this one with the same family involved, but it doesn't matter. Will only explain a little more now. The books are good at answering any questions you may have missed the answers to, but doesn't take too much time repeating it.

I better run because the kids are starting to get a little rowdy with the legos and I should try to step in before a fight begins. I hope I may have helped you if you are looking for a good read. It's my favorite thing to do in my spare time. (Besides blogging, which has now taken a second place!) Hope it's warming up a little where you live. It is here and I think we may actually head out to the playground with friends at lunch time. Yeah!!!

4 comments:

Going back to your last post...$50 for boots is a steal! Maybe they will still be there in Feb.?? If I could buy them for you I totally would!!!!

8:12 PM  

We love love Karin in our house. Have you read the Redemption series? It's a must! Run to the library now and get them.

7:35 AM  

just started it!

8:13 AM  

oh, and getting boots for my b'day. thanks mom and dad!

12:21 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.