Ode "two" Sophie

Sophie is two years old today. Time has really flown and been quite a ride. She is one of the funniest kids I have ever met. She keeps us laughing all the time. Here are a little facts about our little girl...

She adores her Daddy and brother and hates our dog. She likes me when Daddy isn't around, when I'm only at this computer (not the laptop), gets hurt, is hungry/thirsty or as soon as Christopher wakes up. She will eat anything and everything, food or not. The highlight of her day is when her Daddy walks through the door and she can run screaming at the top of her lungs to him and jump in his arms. She loves to take his boots off. She wants to do everything by herself. There's nothing she cannot try. She loves to sing. She loves chocolate, well any sweets actually. She likes her baby dolls with no clothes. She loves butterflies. She hates anything in her hair. She hates her white keds and prefers her pink shoes. She loves Dora. She loves to play Zingo and would carry it around all day if I didn't hide it. She loves to ride bikes and thinks she can keep up with Christopher (why we got the gift we did). She loves to hold any real baby she can. She loves to wear jeans and her new belt. She's recently enjoyed putting her dolls in time out and telling them "No baby!" (Great reflection on me there!) She found nail polish at the store, pick it up and yelled, "Toes! Home, toes Mommy!"

Funny words she says:

hammer - "bang"
help - "hump"
Christopher - "boppy"
lap or back - "bap"
milk - "nope"
juice - "jew"
Brick - "NO bick!"
Dora - "dot dot"
jeans - "JEEEEans!!!"
me - "mmmmmMMMEE!"
any bed - "night night"
Anne Morgan or Reagan - "baby"
Grammie - "mimi"
Mimi - "me"
game - "dame"
blue - "boo"
come - "dumb"
trucks - "dump dump"
camera - "cheese"
thank you - "danks"
mouth - "mow"
Curious George - "aa aa"
Lightning McQueen - "mween"
firetruck - "weoo"
candy - "chewy"
upside down - "up down"
and finally...
Sophie (we've been working on this one) - "fa fee"

My hope and prayer for her is that she grows up to remain just as stubborn and hard headed and determined and passionate as she is now. That she will put all of that energy towards loving and serving the God that created her. I hope that she never lets anyone walk over her, but leads those around her in the right direction. I pray that when she grows up, she finds a godly man who can keep up with her and love everything about her. I pray that she and her brother remain the closest of friends throughout their whole lives. I pray that I get to watch it all happen because I have a feeling it's going to be really special and very entertaining!

Happy 2nd Birthday, Sophie!!



(Some pics of Sophie from the most recent to the day after she was born.)












5 comments:

aww... could she be any more adorable! enjoy the day!

8:45 AM  

Happy Birthday Sophie! We love you SOO much and I wish we could be there with you today. We will see you soon, I hope you have the best day. Love you!

9:30 AM  

I see your videos got working again, too! I think the system was just down. That video is so cute! Her face after she blows out those candles is too cute!!

3:08 PM  

Brittny, that's a really sweet post. I love your insights into your little girl. No one knows her better than her mommy. Happy 2nd Birthday Sophie!

6:11 PM  

That is so precious! I loved reading about Sophie and bet she will love it too when she's bigger. :) We all wish we knew more about ourselves as children, right? :) Happy Birthday Sophie!

1:18 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.