Our new year's eve





(I had to put this photo of dave in here. He, as you can see, is the goofiest one of the bunch!)


This year we went to Pensacola with some fellow residents to see the replicas of the Nina and the Pinta. It was so crazy how small they actually were! They said it was a crew of about 27, but it really only needs 5 to sail it. The people aboard the ship actually sail it from place to place, no motor. Just a long board in the back that you move from side to side and some sails. Can you imagine? If you are wondering where people slept back then, they'd just plop down on the floor and sleep. I think I'd probably kill someone or jump overboard if I was on it back then. (This girl needs her sleep and a wood floor in a boat isn't going to work!)

After we looked at the boats we all went to Chuck-E-Cheese for some games and pizza. Now, this is a place I go purely for my husband and kids. If it were up to me I'd drop a bomb full of Clorox on the place and not let anyone enter until it was dried by the sun and then only my kids and our friends could play. Sound mean? I know it does, but just the thought of all the germy, dirty, snotty, slimy hands that have been in there grosses me out. My kids included. And can you believe that children (and one adult I saw) run around there... (gulp!) barefoot?

Ok, we left there and went to the mall, where Sophie napped in the stroller long enough to stay awake the whole way home. Christopher never napped, but he's come and go with those these days. That night, as we were getting ready to eat supper, Christopher informs us he doesn't feel well. We just assume he's really tired and had a full day. Brandon picks him up, Christopher puts his hand to his mouth and then throws up. A lot. I take off for a towel and start wiping up the floor. Brandon asks why I'm not cleaning them up and I quickly tell him it's b/c I can't get to them without cleaning the floor first. I love my family, but will not walk through throw up for them, unless they are dying. He got sick one more time that night and then we all just went to bed. Our goal on new year's is to get into bed as soon as we can and start the year off with as much sleep as possible. Gives us a better first day to a new year.

Everyone felt wonderful on new year's day and we had a lot of fun together. Brandon and I sat down the other day and talked about things we wanted for ourselves and each other for the new year. I have a really hard time doing this b/c I know I'm not going to follow through, so I just don't bother listing anything. But he's better about this than I am. I listed realistic things and hopefully we'll stick to it. Here's to a new year!

1 comments:

Isn't it crazy.....those immediately thoughts and feelings that flood your mind as soon as a child throws up? Ugh. I've been there many times.

We relocated from Denver to KC last May and I had 7 months sans-husband. Due to stress levels and immunities down, we were sick non-stop. I've never seen so much vomit. It was everywhere.

Wow. I'm pleasant today. Bet you want me to come back really soon to comment again!

2:56 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Pre-made blog template © 2011 Danielle Moss // Graphic Design & Photography.